• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Enfield

Uprated Headlight Loom

Enfield

Anybody?

Anthony

Looks just like a simple relay to me.

Basically, you'll need to connect the positive wire that currently goes to your headlight to the relay to act as a switch. One wire on that relay goes to the battery, and one to the headlight. You'll need to connect an earth to the relay as well.

For what its worth, that won't fix what usually makes 205 headlights dim - namely rubbish/corroded earths and dull reflectors in the lights.

Mikey S

the ring terminal will go straight to the positive battery terminal. on the relay there will be a permanent live (the one from the ring connector/fuse box), another will be an earth, another will be the switched live ( from the dipped beam wire on the car) and the last one will be the wire that runs direct to your dipped beam terminal on the bulb itself.

there should be numbers on the relay itself, something like 30, 85, 86, and i think 87c iirc. just match the numbers to the corresponing wires if that makes sense.

hope that helps :)

Enfield
another will be the switched live ( from the dipped beam wire on the car)

Where's that do you know?

I've already changed the earthing blocks either side of the headlights and the one in the rear behind the light to ring terminals.

I've also stripped back some of the plastic coating on the earthing wire on the bulb connector and attached another wire to it and the other end straight to the body also by ring terminal.

It made the voltage go up from 11.6v to 12.2v straight away!

Mikey S

its on the connector on the headlight bulb itself chap

Sign in to follow this