• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zeolite

Bigger Pistons

zeolite

Somewhere in my liner sizing discussions someone mentioned using bigger pistons. Has anyone done this? With the state of my liners I may need to bore them bigger and use bigger pistons. Any info much appreciated.

Daz_C

Omega do 83.5mm Pistons(High Compression). These are like rocking horse poo as they don't make them anymore unless you order a fair few sets. I know SBC have some though.

pdd144c

Daz, Longmans stock these. They aren't that rare!

Anthony

Brand new liners aren't that much money, and certainly alot cheaper than forged pistons - I think QEP were selling Mi liners for £180 a set

zeolite
Brand new liners aren't that much money, and certainly alot cheaper than forged pistons - I think QEP were selling Mi liners for £180 a set

Absolutely!!

I was thinking OE pistons rather rather than forged items.

Daz_C
Daz, Longmans stock these. They aren't that rare!

My fault then. I was led to believe they were as RobSbc was struggling to find any a year or two ago :D

Robsbc
My fault then. I was led to believe they were as RobSbc was struggling to find any a year or two ago :D

Was told by Omega they had stopped making them and were no longer supplying them for Peugeot Motorsport. SBC bought these pistons from Peugeot Motorsport.

Sign in to follow this