• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ralphy1

Wet Carpets

Guest ralphy1

is it difficult to remove and refit carpets,so i can locate leaks,and dry and clean them?how much work is involved e.g.removing seats etc. :lol:;)

GLPoomobile

Not particularly difficult. You'll likely need a torx head bit for the bolts that hold the seat subframes down. Handbrake trim can be a bugger if the screws have corroded in place. Lower centre console can also be a bit of a pain to pull out but you just have to get medieval on it's ass.

RobMGti

Very easy, pretty much as GLPoomobile said above - id also watch out for the sound deadening under the dash getting damaged as you take the carpet out as its a pain to replace. This may be better asked under the 'Body, Interior & Ice' Section

Rob

Guest ralphy1
Very easy, pretty much as GLPoomobile said above - id also watch out for the sound deadening under the dash getting damaged as you take the carpet out as its a pain to replace. This may be better asked under the 'Body, Interior & Ice' Section

Rob

thanks fellas,will wait for a bit of dry weather first(some hope!)looking in body interior etc,i notice most fellow owners find the leaks in rear side windows,will chek them out first. :)B)

fencer

pulling them out is no big deal. its putting them in that is time consuming. i had to use a Spanner adn a screw bit to do so as i could not find such small ratchets (actually the height was the problem)

Edited by fencer

sonofsam

Ratchet spaner with torx drive bit in it, is so good for removal/refitting of seats, as it's only as tall as the torx drive bit itself.

Guest ralphy1

Not particularly difficult. You'll likely need a torx head bit for the bolts that hold the seat subframes down. Handbrake trim can be a bugger if the screws have corroded in place. Lower centre console can also be a bit of a pain to pull out but you just have to get medieval on it's ass.

good news.dry day today/took out glove box,found large grommet for bonnet pull had come out,looks like i found worst leak,next is side window seals. (quarterlight)n.s has shrunk!does anyone know where i can get new seals without going to dealers?and boot ,where i found the washer bottle was leaking!! :):rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this