• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Mi16 Only Hitting 120

maxi

I have for years now been told I dont come across well online. Have an ask around on the forum as most members who have met me seemed to think I was quite sound. I just cannot stand read bollocks. Put it this way, you have an ongoing problem with your 205 that you really have no clue about whatsoever, you post on here to try and get some help and some dickhead, who once heard or read something vaguely relating to the subject, posts an answer. You go out and take the advice and it irritates the problem or does sweet FA, im sure you would be the first to get your arse in your hand.

Its fine to have opinions but when someone needs solid advice to solve a problem/issue, they want fact. I will ONLY post if I know first hand how to solve the problem or help it out, otherwise I wont post.

Maybe one day you will meet me in person and see im not an arrogant twat who knows it all! :D

Maxi

pacey205

Nah hes lying, hes a c**t in real life as well :o:D

Maxi is a cracking chap really, was very helpfull when I was having problems with my Mi, even drove up the 300 miles to have a look for me. Like hes said he maybe dosent come across the best on the forum :) but he does know his s*it.

Anyway back on topic my Mi is on a 1.9 box (at the moment) and Ive had it up to 6,500rpm which equates to 137, it was still pulling but I backed off (on my private racetrack). It felt like it would happily keep pulling given the space/balls.

Michael

maxi

I think ive pulled :( ........

.......definately the limiter in 5th in all 3 box variants anyway :D:PB)

Maxi

C_W

Hitting the limiter in a 1.6 final drive'd gearbox is relatively easy, mine pulls fairly steady into it in favourable conditions (ie no mega head wind) and will out drag many cars 100-to the limiter in 5th.

In a 1.9 gearbox you'd be hitting 150mph so it won't be easy and it won't happen unless it's foot to the floor for a while - I did it once, though I was never sure I hit the limiter but the revs were around 7200rpm and it would go no more, but the acceleration at these kind of revs in 5th is completely different to the 1.6 final drive (ie a LOT slower).

GLPoomobile

Thought I'd resurrect this topic now I have some actual experience that may be relevant :lol:

I don't know if Zed ever got to the bottom of his issue, but it may be similar to mine.

When I bought my Mi it drove fine I thought. I'd only drvien a few other Mi'd 205s and this seemed quick enough. But, I went for a drive around my private back garden, very early on a Sunday the other week and when I happened to find a nice clear stretch of open pathway I decided to nail it and see just how fast it would go. Once up to about 123mph on the dial it just didn't want to go any further, and this is on a 1.6 box, so I was obviously a bit dissapointed.

It was the day after this that my AFM started to develop problems, and eventually the flap stuck open due to losing it's spring tension and the car wouldn't idle as it was overfueling.

I borrowed an AFM from Taylorspug (cheers again Dan) and now it really shifts, as it should. On another jaunt around the back garden I had it romping easily to 125 mph up quite a steep section of shrubbery. Then on a more level flower bed I went up to just over 130 without breaking a sweat and I only backed off at this point as my sunroof seal could take no more and started whistling like a dirty old man.

These tests were all done in 5th, and as I said it's a 1.6 box.

So basically, another thing to consider if you have similar problems is a duff AFM. I guess I rolling road session would identify the problem as the fuelling would be off, causing the lack of power.

This of course was before I started having oil pressure guage issues :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this