• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Azurael

Tu Starter Motor

Guest Azurael

Right; my starter motor packed up a couple of weeks ago. I had it apart and cleaned the somewhat sticky engagement mechanism, which got it to work (grudgingly) for a bit but then it stopped again, at which point, we discovered the brushes had disintegrated. My dad made some new ones out of bits of carbon he had in his toolbox, but they don't seem to have stayed in place (they weren't as deep as the originals since he only had a small bit of carbon) - after turning over the car fine a dozen or so times I'm now back to 'click' so my main question is if anybody knows where I can get a new set of brushes or maybe even a complete TU 8v starter motor cheap-ish, somewhere around North London.

Thanks!

Jrod

I've got a whole starter motor you can have for 15 delivered. (they are quite heavy)

Guest Azurael

That would be great, except that I need the car for Wednesday of next week B)

If you take some kind of electronic payment (PayPal? I'll cover fees) and post it ASAP, then it would be great, otherwise, I think I'll probably be stuck with paying over-the-odds for a refurb unit since nobody seems to sell brushes alone... (Call me cynical but I'd guess that's probably because they'd cost a couple of quid versus probably 50 for a complete refurb motor, so the profit margins are lower :))

Jrod

Paypal is fine and I can post tomorrow assuming payment has arrived.

Jordanelloway@hotmail.com

Jrod

Only just got home from work but I will post it tomorrow so you should have it in time. :(

Guest Azurael

Arrived safely this morning, 15 minutes later it was installed and working. Thanks, Jrod!

Jrod

Good stuff. :D

Sign in to follow this