• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

306 Td Injector Troubles

Jer309GTi

I went to replace the injector leak-off pipes on the 306 today, nice easy job I thought...

Pulled the pipe off of number 3 injector and the nipple came out of the injector still attatched to the pipe :o On closer inspection it seems someone had bent the nipple in the past and pulled it out of the injector body. There were plier marks on the nipple and it had been Araldite'd back into the injector :(

So the question is, can I replace one injector with a good second hand one, or should they be replaced as a set? I can't see a problem with it personally, but I have a recollection of someone saying they should be replaced as a set? Also, are all 1905cc diesel injectors the same, or are they different for NA and turbo's?

welshpug

they are different from n/a to turbo, as well as being different between bosch and lucas pumps, as for using just the one I doubt it'd do that much difference if they have a few hundred k on them.

stick a new one in the mix and I guess it'd be a rather different story, buit then who would sell you just one injector?

Jer309GTi

Good point. I'd better check which pump I have and stick a wanted post up for a set. Cheers

welshpug

my bet if its a late 95 for it to be a lucas pump, especially if it has a keypad immobliser.

no keypad and before early 95 they are bosch.

Jer309GTi

Well, its a 95 on an N plate, but has no keypad immob. So it could be either :(

inferno

do you have any numbers on them mate? ill have a look at work tomorow, we have loads of desel moters, im sure a set of injectors could go missing if u get stuck;)

Jer309GTi

Took a couple of pics of the pump, but they came out really bad. How do you tell the pumps apart?

Here's the pics, not that they're a lot of use :P Camera phone by torchlight isn't really ideal ;)

image031je2.th.jpg

image034xm4.th.jpg

Will try and take an injector out tomorrow to see what part numbers they have, but I probably won't get time

welshpug

thats a "lucas"/"roto diesel" unit.

inferno

yep i have both types anyway, ive pm'd a price if its any good to you. ive been assured just fitting one will be sufficient , no need to replace the whole set.

Jer309GTi
thats a "lucas"/"roto diesel" unit.

Thank you ;) How do you tell the difference?

yep i have both types anyway, ive pm'd a price if its any good to you. ive been assured just fitting one will be sufficient , no need to replace the whole set.

I'll PM you in a sec mate

welshpug

the bosch turbo unit, has, errr

BOSCH written on it ;)

seriously though the bosch unit has a boost compensator bolted to the top of it, with a pipe to the intercooler, the lucas unit has this internally.

pictured is the bosch unit - PICT0034.jpg

Jer309GTi

Ah, I see. Cheers ;) Surprised you managed to see which pump it was with those crappy pics :P

Sign in to follow this