• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob_the_Sparky

Dropping The Seat Height

Rob_the_Sparky

Got hold of a 5 door set-up and compared it to a GTi folding mechanism. It is ~15mm lower than a folding system and if you wanted to do a little work then another 15mm of drop would be possible. There are large spacers in there that I'm sure could be shortened quite considerably without problem (apart from the plastic trim catching the floor)

I also removed the spacers below the seat and the total drop is considerable, much better now and can still get into the back seats fro the passenger's side.

Rob

johnnyboy666

do you know if it would be possible to remove all the bits off the bottom of a 5door seat and fit it onto a 3 door (cos ive got a roland garros and dont want to change the seats) i like the bit of extra room between the seat and the steering wheel like u get in 5 doors

GLPoomobile

They are a bit sturdier to, aren't they? Less wobble as there is no flimsy tilting mech. Something I wan't to do in the future.

Rob_the_Sparky

Everything unbolts off the bottom of the seat and (if you have harnesses) you can actually just bolt the sliders direct to the seats.

jb666 - this is what I have just done. Simplest thing os to remove the spacers under the seat. This drops the seat almost as much as the swap to 5 door set-up. I've done both as I'm a tad short on head room!

Rob

P.S. You may find you need allen key style star bits tools as the sockets are often too long to get in at the front. That is what I used...

DaveW
They are a bit sturdier to, aren't they? Less wobble as there is no flimsy tilting mech. Something I wan't to do in the future.

Yep makes it loads better, and it feels better to sit in too :(

Rob_the_Sparky
Yep makes it loads better, and it feels better to sit in too :lol:

Made no difference to mine but then I had fiddled with the GTi one to make it more stable. They often have broken welds and IIRC the rubber bumpstops are adjustable as well to remove much of the slack.

Sign in to follow this