• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
david932

205 Gti6...power Steering?

david932

hi , im in the process of aquiring my bits for a gti6(5 speed xsara vts box) conversion. im going to purchase a 205(this isn't a request admin!) but im not sure whether i should go for one with p/s or not. pesonally i would prefer no p/s but what would i do with the pump on the 6 engine? is there a shorter belt you can use or do you have to manufacture a dummy pulley?

thanks

david932

also is there a guide to fitting this lump anywhere? i can't seem to find one

Alastairh

To remove, all you will need to do, is play around with making a bracket for the alternator or you can get one off certain models of Xm's and just get a shorter/xm belt.

As to how you plumb the pas in, not sure, i know maxi has done it.

For a guide, click the search button.

Alastair

david932

ok thanks, i did do a search and got some info but i actually ment a lazy mans step by step guide :blink: . is it any easier converting a mi16 than a standard 1.9?

whizzer71

Sling the pas,u dont really need it plus its more weight and excess rubbish in your engine bay,I have done a couple of 6' conversions now so got any q's just Pm me.

Tristan

:)

david932

cheers wizzer71 im sure i'll make use of that offer :)

Sign in to follow this