• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bam

2.0 Tct Xu10j2te Decoupling Capacitor

Bam

hi folks,

i'm looking for the little "black box", wich is fitted to the wiring spark coil (brown connector/ ignition coil) and is standard screwed (wtih 10mm srewnut) to thermohousing. (right side. first 13mm screw nut, then that little piece,then 10 screw nut)

(havent a pic) :blink:

that little black box/piece what i mean is: 2x2x3 cm

i need urgently the part number...or does have anyone his car running without that part?

...not sure what will happen without that part with the ignition.

cheers

sonofsam

You mean this little thing , the white block in the picture. Its only white, because of some tape.

DVC01159opt.jpg

Can have a look on the parts CD, but as with many thing's on this engine, its not listed I doubt, will have a look anyway.

Bam

@sam

i have also looked at the part cd's but doesnt found any thing :blink:

have found a pic...my problem is i need that part asap.

post-8663-1172093903_thumb.jpg

Bally

You dont need that for the car to work nor does it affect the working of the car.

Super Josh

That's just to suppress electrical 'Noise'. So that your stereo doesn't pick it up.

Josh

Grez4

Most decent motor factors will do a generic suppressor

Malachy

its not just so your stereo dont pick it up noise,

its to prevent noise in the sensor lines to the ecu more importantly, without it you can get spikes in the crank sensor/coolant/IAT/tps etc all which will cause poor running and lurching spikes basically using any capaciter around 10uF 50v will do the job

regards

Andy

jim21070
its not just so your stereo dont pick it up noise,

its to prevent noise in the sensor lines to the ecu more importantly, without it you can get spikes in the crank sensor/coolant/IAT/tps etc all which will cause poor running and lurching spikes basically using any capaciter around 10uF 50v will do the job

regards

Andy

After reading this thread, I checked mine and it was dangling in free space. I think because the last person could not be bothered to put it back on the thermostat housing. I have reconnected it properly.

Doing this has made a difference in all the areas you mention Andy, also, it may be coincidence but the "K" light goes out a lot more rapidly now both on cold and hot starts. previously it would linger on for a few seconds after a hot start.

Mine is a 2.2uF capacitor according to markings on the body.

Bam

>Mine is a 2.2uF capacitor according to markings on the body.

my "k-light" also glows...(chksum error is possible)

...but has anybody found the partnumber of this little part???

mik

jim21070

On mine the capacitor is an integral part of the ignition loom so I guess it is not available as a spare part.

As said previously, any capacitor will be OK. Most motor factors still have stocks of supressor capacitors (once called condensers) for supressing radio interference. The actual value will be in no way critical. Splice it into the loom and all will be fine...

Sign in to follow this