• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cips007

Wipers!

Guest cips007

Hope you guys can help me out!

Driving home from work this morning with my wipers on intermittent,after rain eased i turned my wipers off BUT they carried on!

Now every time I switch ignition on my wipers start too...Any ideas as need it for worj tonight?

GLPoomobile

Ubolt your wiper arms for a quick fix! Won't solve the prolem but at least it won't distract you when driving, until you can fix the problem. Just keep your fingers crossed it doesn't start to rain!

jackherer

Pulling fuse number three might be slightly easier than unbolting the wipers as a quick fix :wacko:

I imagine its either being caused by a faulty switch or a sticky relay. Have you tried flciking the switch back and forth a few times?

jackherer

Actually DONT PULL FUSE THREE, I thought it was just the radio and tacho on it along with the wipers but now I've checked I've discovered that on some years its the brake lights as well so don't drive with it removed.

As a quick fix pull out the relay that clicks when the wipers sweep.

GLPoomobile
Actually DONT PULL FUSE THREE, I thought it was just the radio and tacho on it along with the wipers but now I've checked I've discovered that on some years its the brake lights as well so don't drive with it removed.

As a quick fix pull out the relay that clicks when the wipers sweep.

Trust me to miss the obvious solution!

I'm rubbish with electrical stuff though, so unbolting a couple of nuts was more obvious to me :wacko:

Guest cips007

Thanks guys,turned out to be relay,my local pug dealer wanted £38 plus vat!

Just got one from my local scrappy for £2

Cheers

Sign in to follow this