• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrtcotton

Tachometric Relay

Guest mrtcotton

When is the relay actually energised ? What generates the signal?

Should it be on all the time, etc. Is it just for cold starts?

I know it primes/pressurises the system prior to starting (or at least it should do )

Not sure if my wiring is suspect. The relay is new genuine Peugeot spare part.

So how do you know when its not running? Is there a tell-tale sign?

Questions, questions!

:)

pug_ham

The tachymetric relay has a permanent connection directly from the battery distribution block but contacts internally are switched during cranking & all the time the engine is running by the igniton switch.

They don't always prime the fuel system though, it seems fairly random when they do.

If the engine runs, its working fine, if it isn't it is one of several possible causes.

Graham.

Guest mrtcotton
The tachymetric relay has a permanent connection directly from the battery distribution block but contacts internally are switched during cranking & all the time the engine is running by the igniton switch.

They don't always prime the fuel system though, it seems fairly random when they do.

If the engine runs, its working fine, if it isn't it is one of several possible causes.

Graham.

2 things really. Its a 309 rally car, been re-wired. ECU now in old glovebox, said relay been moved to dashboard area above.

Now, car seems to start ok most of the time. Pump doesn't always prime though.

When labouring (slowing down in 3rd for eg) the car jumps a little (like weak spark) as soon as i touch the trottle its smooth as anything.

Sometimes i can hear a relay clicking on and off like crazy. (not certain which relay & not at the same time).

All the above are inconsistent, and most of the time i have no problems. But as you can appreciate, rallying is all about reliability and i would like to sort this out.

pug_ham
When labouring (slowing down in 3rd for eg) the car jumps a little (like weak spark) as soon as i touch the trottle its smooth as anything.

Sometimes i can hear a relay clicking on and off like crazy. (not certain which relay & not at the same time).

Are the connections all tight on the battery distribution block or gearbox earth stud & the earth cables in good condition? A loose connection or wire breaking down could cause these symptoms.

Graham.

Guest mrtcotton
Are the connections all tight on the battery distribution block or gearbox earth stud & the earth cables in good condition? A loose connection or wire breaking down could cause these symptoms.

Graham.

Connections have been replaced. New internal earth points for all wiring & new +12v rail fitted.

It could well be a wire, thats what i suspect, but without knowing the logic behind how the relay is energised etc its going to be difficult to trace.

6 or 7 pins i can't quite remember.

1 for +12v perm,

1 for switched,

1 for earth,

remainder????

Thanks for help though.

Sign in to follow this