• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Twin Dellorto 40's Advice Please ...

bren_1.3

youve been shafted quite royally there at £1500 quid. if thats what it turns out you pay. at 1500 quid your not far off a homebrew bike bodied / megasquirt affair.

pugrallye

someone has dropped their pants there

drmo

here are some pics from mine 205 with cut left top mount:

s6000978vzfb.jpg

about the jeting. I fitted weber's and head from euro rallye to 1.6 block from 306. Works better than expected. there's a slight hesitation from time to time, depending on the temperature and throttle position.

s6000984vzfc.jpg

Jrod

£1500 :o

Pug performance quote less than that for an Mi16 and they are rip off merchants!

jonnygoodhand

The bill came in at £1300 in the end. Considering they fitted the manifold (I opted for the TI one which still requires part of the engine mount to be removed), tried to set-up the original Dellortos, supplied a new set of Webers with linkages/trumpets/filters and then set it up again, I don't think the bill is that unreasonable.

Now all I've gotta do is sort out what else is wrong... :(

Jrod

Golly gosh. :(

jonnygoodhand
http://www.timotorsport.co.uk/ another place to get a manifold and you may not need to cut the mount you will have to ask

engine-mount.jpg

This is a pic of the TI manifold. As you can see, the engine mount did need to be cut to allow its fitting.

Jrod

Don't tease, let's see some proper pics of the engine bay. :(

Sam

Whenever you mention carbs these days it seems to either mean a crap setup or a lot of cash, the exact reason I went TBs.

This setup cost nowhere near 1300 quid, ended up making a genuine 125bhp@wheels in 1.6 spec after a lot of development.

build3_17.jpg

Then went to this (which RossD now has) which seemed to feel a shed load faster but never had it on the rollers...

IMG_1919red.JPG

Saying that having all new parts with carbs is a godsend, having old carbs just means more hassle everytime.

Edited by Sam

johnnyboy666

just out of curiosity sam, that engine mount looks interesting (unless i'm looking at it squif) did u get that fabricated or can u buy them off the shelf?

Jrod

It was fabricated for the 1600 block.

I have it now. :D

johnnyboy666

ah, i see, any ideas how much it cost?

Jrod

No idea.

Trogboy has one on his Rallye which was specially made to clear the inlet manifold for his Dcom's

trogboy

Mine was free - sorry!

My brother in law is a welder/fabricator so I gave him the old mount and the water pump housing and he produced me a new mount. It uses the top two studs on the top of the housing and the three threaded holes on the side face of the housing next the the cam belt cover.

No idea on how much it would have cost to get produced by someone else.

Sign in to follow this