• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Petrol Pipe

mrblonde

hi ya,i have just taken off the metal fuel pipe inderneath my pug,i just want to know if theres a part number for this please or where to get one.

thanks

welshpug

yes there is a part number but peugeot no longer sell it ready made, so you'll have to buy the individual components to make a new one.

i'm sure someone recently had some for sale.

Pugnut

try VERN he was selling me some oe pipe before i sourced some elsewhere

Normski

I bought a roll of 8mm copper tubing (from B&Q) and made some new fuel lines for my car the other week.

pug_ham

I replaced mine with rubber fuel hose from the pump outlet on the tank to the metal pipe just below the fuel filter.

Graham.

mrblonde

how did you make the ends that connect to the pipe that goes to the filter please??..thats the tricky bit

pug_ham
how did you make the ends that connect to the pipe that goes to the filter please??..thats the tricky bit

Slid the new hose over a piece of the metal pipe & then used a fuel hose clamp to hold it in place.

Graham.

smckeown
I replaced mine with rubber fuel hose from the pump outlet on the tank to the metal pipe just below the fuel filter.

Graham.

rubber pipe along the underside of the car is a bit risky isn't it ? Would that pass an MOT ?

welshpug

I wouldnt want rubber under my pug, the pikies would soon have all the super unleaded out of it!

sonofsam

They could do that anyway if they really wanted :D

pug_ham
I wouldnt want rubber under my pug, the pikies would soon have all the super unleaded out of it!

How would they know? I don't exactly advertise the fact, anyway the fuel pipe in the wheel arch is rubber so if they wanted to get in badly enough...

rubber pipe along the underside of the car is a bit risky isn't it ? Would that pass an MOT ?

Yes & it has done twice now.

My old diesel had a fuel leak from a cracked pipe that failed an MOT & the garage replaced it with rubber hose. As long as it is properly rated fuel hose its fine.

Graham.

nick

After spending most of the day under Martins 306, I noticed that it has rubber fuel hose from tank to engine bay as standard.

Nick

Edited by nick

Jrod

The XS has the most crappy plastic pipe you have ever seen as standard.

Mine now has a lovely braided item ran inside the car though. :(

mrblonde

is rubber pipe ok for mot then?

pug_ham
is rubber pipe ok for mot then?
Would that pass an MOT ?

Yes & it has done twice now.

My old diesel had a fuel leak from a cracked pipe that failed an MOT & the garage replaced it with rubber hose. As long as it is properly rated fuel hose its fine.

Graham.

mrblonde

so i could just get some petrol hose on connect that to my old metal pipe?..im just stuck on where to get the connections for the pipe to connect to the fuel fillter????..

pug_ham
so i could just get some petrol hose on connect that to my old metal pipe?..im just stuck on where to get the connections for the pipe to connect to the fuel fillter????..

Yes, thats what I did. I fitted the rubber fuel hose to the pump outlet & then I cut the old fuel pipe about 4" below the threaded union in the engine bay (not the fuel filter one!!) & slid the new hose over that & clamped it with a fuel pipe clip.

Graham.

mrblonde

good good,that was what i was thinking.has it been in a mot yet like that??.

pug_ham
good good,that was what i was thinking.has it been in a mot yet like that??.

Yes, the same two mentioned previously.

Graham.

nick

C'mon Graham, tell us.... WILL IT GET THROUGH AN MOT??

Why won't you just tell us........ :)

Nick

Pugnut
C'mon Graham, tell us.... WILL IT GET THROUGH AN MOT??

Why won't you just tell us........ :)

Nick

rofl

pug_ham

The third one is coming up in the next three months. :)

Graham.

Henry Yorke
The third one is coming up in the next three months. :(

Can you let me know the date Graham as I don't want to be on holiday when it happens! :)

Sign in to follow this