• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

My Block Is Cracked!

matt-k

Not just cracked, the bottom corner by the starter motor has completly fallen off when i removed the sump!! its a clean break and i was wandering if anyone knew of a product that may be available to repare this and stick it back together? There are no water ways in this part it just sits above the sump below and to the left of the flywheel. I dont think my hot glue gun can handle this one!

I Live in lincoln, so if anyone knows of a good company that would weld this (its ally) round this way please let me know and how much should i look to pay?

Thanks Matt

steve031286

if it were me bud i wouldnt reapair it! i dont really understand exactly where your saying it is but surly it would have a weak spot now :blush: ?. Even if it was repaired/welded.

steve :)

Edited by steve031286

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive got a bare block sat doing nothing in my garage. All stripped and it was cleaned but could maybe do with a quick jetwash since its been stood. Would part with it for posatge plus a few beer tokens.

steve031286
Ive got a bare block sat doing nothing in my garage. All stripped and it was cleaned but could maybe do with a quick jetwash since its been stood. Would part with it for posatge plus a few beer tokens.

Sounds like a bargain lol! :blush:

i think a new blocks better than a repair personaly!

steve

matt-k
:blush: That was quick! If thats an ally block i think we have a deal. Cheers!

Sign in to follow this