• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorr

Over Fuelling On Start Up

sorr

I am still having issues with rebuilt Mi. Previously I had an issue due my own stupidity :P , must connect the intake pipe correctly (Thanks to Higgy for spotting it). When this issue was fixed the car ran fine for two days, but now it over fuels on start up to the extent the spark plugs are wet and it looks like diesel fumes from the exhaust. But if you whip the plugs out and clean them up after a brief spell of spluttering following start up the car will run perfectly.

The following components have been checked/swapped out for known good ones:

AFM

Coolant temperature sensor

Injectors

Ignition amp

Plugs

Ignition leads

Distributor cap

ICV

This just leaves the ECU and fuel pressure regulator as possible culprits in my eyes, but does anyone have any other suggestions before I start pulling off fuel pipes.?

P.S. Does anyone in Wiltshire have a fuel pressure gauge I could borrow? :D

Thanks.

j_turnell

With swapping the afm, have you had it on a co machine?

Richie-Van-GTi

do these use a TPS? Could be that

steve@cornwall
I am still having issues with rebuilt Mi. Previously I had an issue due my own stupidity :blush: , must connect the intake pipe correctly (Thanks to Higgy for spotting it). When this issue was fixed the car ran fine for two days, but now it over fuels on start up to the extent the spark plugs are wet and it looks like diesel fumes from the exhaust. But if you whip the plugs out and clean them up after a brief spell of spluttering following start up the car will run perfectly.

The following components have been checked/swapped out for known good ones:

AFM

Coolant temperature sensor

Injectors

Ignition amp

Plugs

Ignition leads

Distributor cap

ICV

This just leaves the ECU and fuel pressure regulator as possible culprits in my eyes, but does anyone have any other suggestions before I start pulling off fuel pipes.?

P.S. Does anyone in Wiltshire have a fuel pressure gauge I could borrow? :)

Thanks.

Have you checked that the wires on the temp. sensor are actually plugging into the sensor? I had one where the connector had pushed out of the plug moulding and gave exactly the same symptoms on an 8v

sorr
With swapping the afm, have you had it on a co machine?

Not yet as I have no MOT so cannot take it to a CO machine:rolleyes:, but have the MOT on Saturday so will do it then. :unsure: Does the idle mixture adjustment have enough range to over fuel to this extent?

The connections are intact and wires have been continuity tested.

TPS is another option, what does it actually tell the ECU?

Edited by sorr

Sign in to follow this