• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cheesy-peas

Alternator Adjuster

Guest cheesy-peas

Hiya ive just been out to change my alternator belt on my mi16 and the adjuster bolt has seized and then in my wisdom i sheared the bolt. So is there anyone out there that can reccomend a business to buy one from as my local companys seem to think that you cant buy them?

welshpug

if you've broke the bolt replace the bolt...

Guest cheesy-peas
if you've broke the bolt replace the bolt...

I would but its seized solid into the linkage.

welshpug

hmm, not too sure how the adjuster works but itd be easy to remove the assembly and drill the remains out and fit a new bolt.

Guest cheesy-peas

Thats my plan for tomorrow, but i was just seeing how much a new one would set me back.

welshpug

if its anything like the TD unit theyll be something like £60 upwards from GSF (if they do them) and £80 upwards from peugeot, but i'm not sure which one you have, my 8v has a simple bolt and strap arrangement.

Faz85
Hiya ive just been out to change my alternator belt on my mi16 and the adjuster bolt has seized and then in my wisdom i sheared the bolt. So is there anyone out there that can reccomend a business to buy one from as my local companys seem to think that you cant buy them?

Have you tried the scrapyard? Whats special about it, isnt it just a bog standard part? I suppose peugeot would be a last resort, surely you must be able to get it from them.

Faz

Edited by Faz85

mickie

i took the adjuster bolt thing off a 405 diesel as well as the alternator

Sign in to follow this