• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bazc

Heater Blower

Guest bazc

Hey everyone, I went out to start my 89 1.9 gti,soon as i started it i noticed the interior heater was on full blast and control knob was set to 0. i turned the blower knob and it made no difference. Fan was still on full. Has anyone any ideas what i should check? or how to fix it?

pug_ham

You need a new heater resistor panel that fits into the fan housing in the passenger footwell.

Mine did this when it finally failed, quite funny with a sqealing fan that randomly switches itself on & off. :blush:

Pug part # 6445 91 afaik but I've seen them available on ebay for about $5 + p&p new.

Graham.

Guest bazc

took resistor panel out this afternoon, it was covered in bits of dirt. cleaned it up with wd-40. Problem sorted now, thanks for your help Graham lad

matty_gti
took resistor panel out this afternoon, it was covered in bits of dirt. cleaned it up with wd-40. Problem sorted now, thanks for your help Graham lad

Hi, i had the same problem with mine untill it finally went....where would i find the resistor panel in my 1.1 TU?.

Thanks.

Jrod

Lay down in the passanger footwell and look towards the middle underside of the dash.

There will be a plug going to it and 2 screws either side.

inferno

generally i just kick mine... :( replaced one in a 307 last week and it cost 40 quid:O

Jrod

Or just go to a scrappy and put it in your pocket! :D

matty_gti
Or just go to a scrappy and put it in your pocket! :D

:D i go for the 'put it in ur pocket' approach!

The problem with mine now is that even when i turn it fully on, it only comes on a little until suddenly it goes alot faster and make a really loud horrible noise at which point i turn it off....still think it could be the resistor????

johnnyboy666

mine used to do this in my old xs, used to stop making a noise if u hit the top of the dash in various places, not sure why but it worked :D

Guest ralphy1

ive got phase 1.1987.gti.1.9.my heater fans lever doesnt work.will i have to dissasemble to repair?

matty_gti
ive got phase 1.1987.gti.1.9.my heater fans lever doesnt work.will i have to dissasemble to repair?

The heater is cable operated by the heater dials on the dash...when you turn them can you hear the air vents opening and closing?..any air coming threw?

Guest ralphy1
thanks matty.have stripped heater down and found the matrix is at fault.can overide for now until i can find replacement. :):)

fencer

a friend has got the same problem on his 306, anyone knows where the resistor pannel of a 306 is?

Edit: Ah! forgot to ask, will the 205 one fit?

Edited by fencer

damien

another person here with a heater problem.

it dont work, you twist the knob and theres nothing, no air blowing out, no noise nothing. any ideas?

you can still feel heat coming from the vents/behind the dash so i dont think its the matrix

flipperthebushkangaroo

hi while the heater experts are about i have a couple of questions if you don't mind,

1. my blower will only go full blast if you hold the knob over as if against a spring, how can i sort this out?

2. the selector knob on the vent selector bit moves but the heater keeps blowing on to the screen any sugestions?

Thanks in advance and sorry to butt in on someone elses thread

fencer
hi while the heater experts are about i have a couple of questions if you don't mind,

1. my blower will only go full blast if you hold the knob over as if against a spring, how can i sort this out?

2. the selector knob on the vent selector bit moves but the heater keeps blowing on to the screen any sugestions?

Thanks in advance and sorry to butt in on someone elses thread

Regarding problem no1 you probably have the same problem I had, see this post, if you need additional info just drop me a pm

pug_ham
another person here with a heater problem.

it dont work, you twist the knob and theres nothing, no air blowing out, no noise nothing. any ideas?

Test to see if the motor works by bridging the connectors in the brown plug for the resistor (not sure which ones so be careful) & see if the motor runs.

If it does the resistor is a probably the cause of it not working. Either that or is the fuse blown? If its the fuse you wopuldn't have any indicators etc so I doubt its that.

Graham.

damien
Test to see if the motor works by bridging the connectors in the brown plug for the resistor (not sure which ones so be careful) & see if the motor runs.

the motor doesnt run so im guessing i need another one.

thanks

KRISKARRERA

In my 405 the heater fan works fine.... until you set it to MAX, and then it just stays there no matter what you do with the dial.

Could this be related to me fitting a non-A/C fan?

Atari Boy

If it does the resistor is a probably the cause of it not working. Either that or is the fuse blown? If its the fuse you wopuldn't have any indicators etc so I doubt its that.

Graham.

I too have a similiar problem.The fan knob does not alter the fan speed. When the car is warm I can feel heat through the vents. My fuses are okay I think as my indicators etc still work.

What exactly do I need to do to check the fan motor and the resistor? The Haynes skims over it quite quickly and offers it as a ‘four spanner’ job – just the sort of job I want to tackle in late October.

Simple advice and guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny

Atari Boy

Anyone?

Sign in to follow this