• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Brake Bleeding

Jer309GTi

Would air in the system cause the brake pedal to be spongy like you would normally associate with brakes with air in, but if you pump the pedal once or twice, it goes solid? I would have thought if there was air in the system it would be spongy all the time, and you couldn't pump the pedal up? Having issues getting the 405 brakes perfect, just though I'd ask if anyone had experienced this too

Owain1602

yes

sonofsam

Were you pumping with the engine on or off? Seem to remember the pedal goes solid after a few pumps with

the engine off anyway.

Have you refilled the whole system from dry? It will take alot of bleeding if you are.

Mine are still not perfect after quite a few goes. Going to try a gravity bleed at the end of it, fingers crossed that get's it.

hengti

some seem to struggle with it, but you guys could try a Gunsons Easibleed

i used to hate having to bleed brakes until i got one!

sonofsam

I almost enjoy it, kind of therapeutic in a way lol

But on your reco. will invest in a G-unit..

Timmer205

I have the same problem on standard 205 calipers, the brakes have been bled recently and the calipers lubricated and still they feel spongie. I am going to leave it for a bit then completely flush and re-bleed them again.

Sign in to follow this