• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Help Fixing Driver Door Pins

pugbliss

hi all right the time has come to get my door sorted out as it seams to be getting lower and lower on the pins.

Is there anyone out there who is willing to help or just do it for me.... im willing to pay for a job well done...

cheers

p.s i think i may have posted this in the wrong section

gizzmo

i had the problem but when trying to find how easy it was to drive pins out moved them a couple of mm and hay presto door back to normal? but it may not last, ;) but its still ok

Guest midlife-pug

Just did mine the other day.

I just chapped the old top hinge pin upwards with a hammer till it was flush, used vicegrips to close up the new pin slightly to get it started, then used that to knock the old pin straight through.

I knocked the bottom hinge pin downwards and did exactly the same with another new pin.

I found it was easier it take out the pin holding the door ratchet in the middle. That way I could get a bit more leveridge with the hammer.

This will totally tighten up the door hinges but still left mine a little low.

If you can get a help doing the job its definitely worth taking off the door trim and slackening the four door hinge bolts. This allows you to get the door totally lined up and mine is now a perfect fit with absolutely no wind noise.

PS. Remember and grease the new pins and be prepared for the odd skint knuckle!!

pugbliss

i still havent done it and im getting a little worried.... i just carnt seam to find the pin in there at all. Everything i use to push into the hole doesnt seam to hit anything...

I think ill give up and take it to a garage, unless anyone is willing to help me out.

Sign in to follow this