• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

2.0 Mi16 Clutch

acox99

iv just rebuild my xu10 MI engine, and i have put the clutch on the flywheel, and the clutch release bearing is part of the clutch, but how do you mate it upto the box, its the clutch that came out the engine, is in good nick, i just cant get the fork onto the release bearing, im not using original gearbox, its from a 405 si, but i remember the original gearbox being a pig to seperate from the engine.

sonofsam

@ a guess, that sounds like a 'Pull' type clutch, had one originally with my 2.0L turbo with bearing as part

of the clutch cover plate. Is that the reason it will not mate with your box?!

acox99

Yep, its a pull type clutch with the bearing attached to the clutch cover, and i just cant get the gearbox to mate with the release bearing. Any tips to do it

sonofsam

Well the next logical question is. Does the gearbox your trying to use, have a pull type system?

Sorry I cant really help any further, as I ditched the pull type clutch as it did not mate and would not work with my 205 1.9GTI Be3 box.

PsychoSimon

presuming you do have the pull type clutch arm in your gearbox, then to get the two to mate together you need to knock out the pin that holds the external bit of the release arm to the internal bit, then sort of hook the internal bit behind the bearing if you get me. nigh on impossible with the engine in the car in my opinion, but I know it can be done

acox99

is it possible to put a push type clutch onto the engine, as i have not got a pull type gearbox.....hense why it obviously doesnt work, has anyone got a pic of a pull type lever

Richie-Van-GTi

yes I have a push type 215mm clutch on mine and thats from an mi16, alsom the 306 2.0 8v uses a push type clutch 215mm.

Miles

It's not that bad a job at all in or out of the car,

As said the pin needs to be knocked out so the cross shaft (Where the clutch cable attaches to the end of) can move to enable the fork on it to locate in the release bearing on the cover and slide the box on, If you have the hole in the front of the box you can look thru that to see if it's on or the later boxes it's a bit of a guess until you try it for the first time.

Hilgie

As you don't have a pull type gearbox, I suggest you replace the clutch with a 1.9Mi16 one.

Richie-Van-GTi

or swap the arm and holder off the old pull type box if its still available.

Sign in to follow this