• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

Finally Put The Mi16 Wiring Into 205

yeti-dj

Hello, well after about 6 months of running around with the MI16 running on the old 1.9 loom i finally decided to fit the correct loom.

WOW i now have a 205 gti that idles spot on at 950 rpm no matter how hot or cold she is, its far smoother to drive,the kangaroo petrol is now gone in traffic and she goes all the way round the rev counter to about 7000.

any body thinking about fitting an mi16 and not the proper loom think again.

only problem is the k-light is constantly on but dont think its wiring in right either so will try again soon or maybe theres a problem, i simply conected it straight into the brown plug to the dash is this right? any ideas would be great?

i fitted the loom by using the mi16 management and the 205 sensor loom, easy job really

Only one pain was i did have to take the top of dash board off to get the loom out, balls of a job but all good in the end.

I have pictures if any body wants to see?

yeti........

luggy

Good effort! Piccies, Yes please!

yeti-dj

will get some pictures on tomorrow night...

Alastairh

Nice one, i remeber seeing pugboyracers mi restarting for the first time after going on proper managment, and yes it does make a huge difference!

maxi
Hello, well after about 6 months of running around with the MI16 running on the old 1.9 loom i finally decided to fit the correct loom.

WOW i now have a 205 gti that idles spot on at 950 rpm no matter how hot or cold she is, its far smoother to drive,the kangaroo petrol is now gone in traffic and she goes all the way round the rev counter to about 7000.

any body thinking about fitting an mi16 and not the proper loom think again.

only problem is the k-light is constantly on but dont think its wiring in right either so will try again soon or maybe theres a problem, i simply conected it straight into the brown plug to the dash is this right? any ideas would be great?

i fitted the loom by using the mi16 management and the 205 sensor loom, easy job really

Only one pain was i did have to take the top of dash board off to get the loom out, balls of a job but all good in the end.

I have pictures if any body wants to see?

yeti........

Good job! No need to take the top of the dash out to remove the old loom though....... Cut the original 8v management loom just above the brown multiplugs under the dash, remove the ECU and cut the two retaining clips that hold the loom to the ECU trya. Now just cop hold of the old ECU harness and tachy rlay connector and pull like f***. The loom will come flying out, 20 second job. :blush:

Maxi

Grim.Badger

Is the Mi loom that different then or is it just that the Mi wiring will be in much better condition than the 205?

BTW Peugeot messed about with wiring positions on the brown multiplugs so I'd have checked the wires all corresponded before clipping in the Mi loom; for example the pin usually reserved for the starter solenoid wire is sometimes occupied by a switched positive. I'm not sure but you might have had an interesting effect from connecting these :blush:

Sign in to follow this