• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Brown Multiplug Diagrams

Grim.Badger

I'm intending to change the wires on my sensor loom at some point in the near future so cut one out from the main engine loom of a G Reg CTi in my local scrappy to take measurements.
To make things easier for myself I made a diagram as searching for info on the multiplug is a nightmare, but I spent a while searching anyway and tried to track the alternative wiring setups that Peugeot used.
After this I've ended up with three diagrams that about sum up the variation in the multiplugs:

G-Reg CTi

Dreamweaver

Sonofsam

Now can someone check that these are right first of all? I didn't take the 6pin plug off the CTi so I'm not certain it's right.
Also I tried to work out Dreamweavers and Sonofsams wiring layouts, so if I've got them wrong then please tell me and I'll fix the diagrams.

From what I've read pins 1 to 8 of the 9 pin plug are always the same which makes my life easier, am I right in assuming this?
I was thinking of making a new separate loom for the sensors (pins 1 to 8 plus the starter solenoid wire) with no engine bay multiplug, just straight through wires from the 9 pin to the components. If there is any call for it I'd make them to sell once I've got the hang of crimping, but by the looks of it they'd never be plug n play. I also have to work out where in the bulkhead I can feed the new loom through wacko.gif
Also is there any call for making an article to make up for the difficulty in searching for information on the multiplugs or am I the only one to have problems?

Sorry if this post is a bit rambling unsure.gif

edit: this is the latest version of the diagram, so you don't have to go through all the topic pages:

post-8041-1195740873_thumb.jpg

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...ost&id=3392

• Like 1

lagonda

Many thanks, good work!

The handbooks for my old cars always contained wiring diagrams with colour coding. Peugeot colour the wires but then print hardly visible numbers on them, & the wiring diagrams show numbers only. Doh! Never ceases to amaze me how many stupid things go on in the automotive world afterr 120 odd years of development.

My car's a CTi, can you let me know where the 6 pin plug is & I'll try to find time to check wiring out.

madspikes

Nice work! I was going to do soemthing like that but just got carried away with the wire cutters removing what I didnt need!

Grim.Badger
My car's a CTi, can you let me know where the 6 pin plug is & I'll try to find time to check wiring out.

The six pin and nine pin are both under the steering column(ish) on the inside of the car. Unfortunately because of the differences in wiring I'll have to go back to the scrappy at some point and check the original wiring to be sure, but thanks anyway :D

I'm not sure how many wires change numbers at the multiplugs :( I'm fairly certain wire 2a changes to wire 2 at the nine pin, plus the oil pressure guage wire changes colour at the 7 pin suggesting it also changes number :o but unfortunately I couldn't make out any numbers after the 7 pin connector :)

I'm a bit confused about wires 25a and 112b, do they do the same thing?

Anthony
I'm a bit confused about wires 25a and 112b, do they do the same thing?

112 is for the rev counter

25a* (which is what I think you mean) is the switched positive for the tachymetric (fuel pump) relay.

* I thought what you've put as 25a was actually 32a, but it's definately the wire you've put in the diagram anyway

Grim.Badger
112 is for the rev counter

25a* (which is what I think you mean) is the switched positive for the tachymetric (fuel pump) relay.

* I thought what you've put as 25a was actually 32a, but it's definately the wire you've put in the diagram anyway

I'm fairly certain it's 25a, I checked the wire and even put up a post about it to check. It's a thin yellow wire that goes up into the dash. That suggests I forgot to add 112 to the 6 pin of the CTi.

Cheers.

pug_ham

Pictures of the under dash & engine bay plugs from my J reg 91 car & other under dash spare plugs I have below.

I have now seen four looms for the underdash plugs & all but one have the coil wire (2A) & 32A coming out of the same pin of the six pin plug from under the dash.

Graham.

post-71-1171557091_thumb.jpg

post-71-1172446923_thumb.jpg

Grim.Badger

I've edited the original CTi diagram to include wire 112 and I've changed wire 25a to 32a (I'm still not sure where 25a came from :wacko: maybe I'm going mad); I've also deleted the original picture.

G Reg CTi

Graham: On your picture, what does wire 47B do on the 9 pin? I thought that would be wire 46 :unsure:

pug_ham
Graham: On your picture, what does wire 47B do on the 9 pin? I thought that would be wire 46 :unsure:

it should (& soon will) read 46B. :wacko:

Graham.

Grim.Badger

Cheers for that, but I was looking at spending £30 at most on my loom. This would include wire (probably all black to keep costs down but I would like coloured), male connectors from Peugeot (£10ish for 10 and I'd need 7), cheapo standard connectors to attach the wire at the other end, insulating tape (£1 from a pound shop B) ), those cable tidy things (don't know how much these cost) and a grommet for where it goes through the bulkhead, providing I can actually find somewhere to route it :)

Also, I don't know about anyone elses cars but apart from the sensor loom all of my wires are still in good condition, but then my 7 pin brown multiplug wasn't green :D I could still unclip my 7 pin multiplug quite easily, whereas with the CTi multiplug I ended up breaking most of the connectors when pulling it apart because they were that badly corroded. The wires themselves were quite black (corroded copper) around the connections on mine though :D .

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but my car still had the blanking plate behing the valance grill when I got it which would have kept a lot of the water etc away from the lower part of the engine :P

welshpug
;) theres some fool selling this info on ebay now!

sonofsam

lol, seen the Mi ones, but not these!

Great work with those diagrams Grim.Badger, nice one.

jackherer
:blush: theres some fool selling this info on ebay now!

pm me the link please.

t16ryan

The guy selling the info GTi drivers? would think with the username he is on here somehwere, is he a member here as he been asking questions on my dimma wheels on ebay ?

pug_ham

I've been wiring another MP3.1 conversion up last week & I think if you have a car with the plugs above that include wire # 74A on the car side of the loom then you should be able to connect the K light wire from the ecu straight up to here & with no extra work except a bulb in the clocks you should have a working K light.

I had on this car (J reg) & will do the same on mine (H reg) this week when I've got chance. I'll post again to say if it works on mine.

Graham.

Grim.Badger

I think I may have the wires to the oil sensors the wrong way around, I'll check sometime :D

Also I know I have got the starter solenoid wires wrong :rolleyes:

I'll have another go soon and post up another set of pictures.

Grim.Badger

Well I was going to post my updated diagrams but I've decided to try and get my hands on an 8v engine loom and do a complete engine loom wiring diagram instead. I will post up a new topic once I've eventually tracked down a loom and drawn it up :D

welshpug

did you manage to source a Loom Grim.Badger?

not far off pulling my loom out to Fit a ZX loom.

djinuk

my brown multi plug is all green and corroded on the inside :unsure:

Grim.Badger
did you manage to source a Loom Grim.Badger?

not far off pulling my loom out to Fit a ZX loom.

Nope, I'm skint for a couple of months and have had problems at home so my mind has been elsewhere :unsure:

welshpug

right, had a look at the 2 brown plugs under the dash on my april 89 built gti.

PICT0352.jpg

right to left,

1 52 reverse light switch

2 53 reverse light switch

3 47 Coolant Temp Light Switch

4 47 Coolant Temp gauge

5 7A Alternator (dash warning light?)

6 30 Oil Temp (gauge or light?)

7 30A Oil Pressure (gauge or light?)

8 Grey wire, havent found yet

9 2 wires, 32A Tachy relay and big red wire 2A

PICT0350.jpg

right to left again,

1 no wire

2 76 Fuel pump

3 Earth

4 112 Tacho feed

5 no wire

6 Starter Solenoid

• Like 1

pug_ham

Nine pin plug;

• Pin 6; oil pressure stoplight switch 30R.
  • pin #8; oil temp sender 30A.

If you've got all the loom out of the car, you can check these with a multimeter.

Graham.

welshpug

loom aint yet out of the car...

I can see its going to be a bit of a faff getting it out of the dash! which silly frenchman routed it OVER the steering column ;)

Sign in to follow this