• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

309 Seat Into A 205

jeremy

About 2 years ago I refurbished my 205 cloth seats, however due to the fact that I do lots of short journeys and the natural aging process of the GTI cloth interior I ened up with more foam in the footwells than in the seat itself. So thought it was time to bite the bullet and put my 309 GTI interior in instead.

So with nuts and bolts, and a buggered JCB mudguard I made four brackets up and fitted them today. I had to swap the the drivers and the passenger seats round to enable me to use the 205 subframes, otherwise the handle to lift the seats forward and up fouled the cog wheel for the reclining mechanism (these are mounted to the outside of the car unlike the 205 which is to the inside). I also had to cut away a small section of plastic trim on the 309 seat to fit the seatbelt locking mechanism. Other than that it was a straight fit.

The down side is you do not sit central to the steering wheel, however it is only just noticable and you very quickly get use to it. Also the tilt up and forward mech does not work so easily as you kind of have to give the seats a helping hand to move.

Over all it was well worth doing and I very happy with the results.

jeremy

I will put pics up tonight. I tried last night, but could not access the forum.

S33GAV

Yeah get some pics - and yeah the forum wasn't accesible last night for me

jeremy

Enjoy

Weba6309seatsin205015.jpg

Weba6309seatsin205014.jpg

Weba5309seatsin205013.jpg

Weba4309seatsin205004.jpg

WebA3309seatsin205003.jpg

WebA2309seatsin205002.jpg

Weba1309seatsin205001.jpg

Weba8309seatsin2055001.jpg

Weba7309seatsin2055002.jpg

boldy205

ohh thats a whole lot of pictures!! did you not find that the seats were to wide, not giving you much room to change gear? if i remember i also had problems withe them hitting the door pockets when shutting the doors and poss v tight to get to the Hand Brake lever? I fitted them to mine and got rid of them because i didnt feel i had enough room to change gear.

Radster

I have the same set up as this, although I didnt change the sub frames over and kept the seats on their normal sides. The seats are bigger, but im 6'6 and still fit in fine and dont find changing gears an issue, they are much more comfy I think then the 205 chairs and feel more supportive around the sides :blink:

jeremy

I can confirm I have no issues with the size of the seat regarding changing gear or using the handbrake. However the handle for the tilt forward mechanism rubs the side of the seat frame so you have to make sure the seat locks in position when down, this could be solved by either removing the plastic handle or filing the side of it down.

On a positive note I sit slightly higher making for an overall better driving position.

Revla
However the handle for the tilt forward mechanism rubs the side of the seat frame so you have to make sure the seat locks in position when down, this could be solved by either removing the plastic handle or filing the side of it down.

You can get Mr Hammer to adjust the angle on the handle so it clears......

Trev

wildejon

.. like Trev did on mine :D

Worked a treat. I made up 4 REALLY simple brackets that went the full length (not width) of the seats. Seems really sturdy.

No problems with changing gear or anything, s'all good :lol:

Sign in to follow this