• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Mouldible Clear Plastic

GLPoomobile

i'm interested in making some small parts out of clear plastic. Specifically I want to replicate the orange plastic filters found in such places as inside the heater control knobs.

I have seen some products on ebay that come in the form of little plastic balls that you put in hot water or the microwave and then they can be moulded before setting hard, but this stuff looks whitish rather than clear.

So does anyone know where I could get something that can be poured or moulded before setting, but has a clear appearance?

Rippthrough

Epoy resin?

sonofsam

Mouldible!, you wont get very far with that .Moldable :(:D

Yes Epoxy polymer resin sounds like the stuff you need, just a guess B)

Used to be into Airfix :(

Edited by sonofsam

jackherer
Maybe if you spelt it right , you would be able to find some .moldable B):D

maybe if you're American... try 'mouldable' which is the correct British English spelling.

jackherer
Mouldible!, you wont get very far with that .Moldable :(:D

oops, your late edit has resulted in a quote disparity B)

and you're still wrong :(

Rippthrough

Go get a decent epoxy system - UV resistant one designed for top coats on carbon or similar, get a slow curing hardener ( 1 hours or so) and then you can warm the epoxy so it runs easily without it setting halfway through pouring.

Paintguy
Go get a decent epoxy system

Ditto :D

GLPoomobile
maybe if you're American... try 'mouldable' which is the correct British English spelling.

Yes, it was mouldable that I was thinking of but I got distracted half way through typing :D Anyway Sonofsam, it is not nice to take the piss out of someone with Dyslexia when they are just asking a simple question.

Edited by GLPoomobile

steve@cornwall

When I was kid you could get kits for making plastic paperweights from toyshops and hobby/craft shops

www.sportfish.co.uk/product/34111/Devcon_5_Minute_Clear_Epoxy.html - 26k -

(Google search for clear epoxy)

Sign in to follow this