• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
V8Pete

Cambelt One Tooth Out?

V8Pete

This is a bit embarrasing, but I changed the cambelt in my 306 1.8 XU7JP last week and I have a funny feeling it's now slower off the mark. I don't know if it was just a shock driving the 306 after driving the 205 GTI, but it does seem really slow now.

I'm asking on here because you seem to be more use for technical issues than 306 forums.

Does anyone know how these go when they're a tooth out? Could the symptoms be as described, or would you expect a bit of popping and cackling or something?

Could a new waterpump sap a noticeable amount of power until it loosens up?

:D

Anyone wanna buy a 306 1.8 auto 5 door? B)

Normski

Surely the first thing to do is take the cam belt cover off and check the timing. It won't take long and will tell you either way.

V8Pete

The timing holes do line up, but I wasn't using the proper stepped dowels so there was a little bit of room for movement. I spose I'll just have to pop the belt off, move the sprocket a bit and see if it will still go on. ;)

I was hoping not to have to see it for another 60,000 km :D

Sign in to follow this