• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Bias Pedal Box

inferno

can anyone explain to me an easy way to put a bias pedal box together?

do i bolt th pedel in first? do i wind the knuckles on the MC,s before fitting the threaded bar? im stumped, whatever i try leaves the MC's at silly angles:P

also a quick guide on adjusting and setting up before first drive would be usefull. thanx a lot.

bren_1.3

bolt the pedal in, slide the threaded bar through the tube in the pedal, and then attach the MC "knuckles" clevis pins to either side of the threaded bar. line the clevis pins up centrally with the holes you've cut into the box for the master cylinders, and then screw the MC's into the clevis pins with the locknuts attached from the other side. then bolt the MC's to the box itself.

job done hopefully.......

inferno

this is proving most annoying now... one cylinder keeps going down first... oh well ill keep trying

Rob Thomson

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it just means the friction of the pistons in the bores is different. What matters is how they move when they're bled. Make sure the push-rods are similar lengths and you shouldn't have any problems once it's fitted.

Craigb
this is proving most annoying now... one cylinder keeps going down first... oh well ill keep trying

is the system all new ?

If so have you bled the brakes ?

Also make sure that the pivot is moving across the balance bar.

Check that the bar is not binding

PM me your email and i will send you a diagram with the correct spacings

Edited by Craigb

inferno

great site rob, craig its robs old unit, but looks in pretty good order now ive reshaped it a little:P

just dismantled it all again after getting it right, as it doesnt fit in the hole in bulkhead fully assembled like the normal one does:O

blackpug

Mine didnt go in without a fight! I took a big hammer to the top and bottom edges of the bulkhead hole to make enought room.

Rob Thomson
just dismantled it all again after getting it right, as it doesnt fit in the hole in bulkhead fully assembled like the normal one does:O

From memory I thought the only thing you had to remove was the clutch pedal, and then it would go through the bulkhead (at and angle) without any probs?

inferno

oooooops... looks like im taking it out again then lol... nightmare, i put the box in and now need to wind the MCs into the knockles in situ:P dont i love making my life hard:P

Sign in to follow this