• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phonecomz

Bx Gti Driveshafts ?

phonecomz

Im currently looking to purchase some new shafts for my 205 1.9 gti project.

I have a 309 subframe with wishbones that im currently cleaning up ready to fit in the near future and just wanted someone to verify that i can use both sides from a bx gti 16v with no running problems ?

Can anyone tell me how much longer they are than the 309 shaft and what negative camber is achieved and would i be better off buying some 309 gti shafts ? :D:rolleyes:

Baz

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but iirc, they'll fit, but i wouldn't risk running them as they're squashed up too much as they're about 10mm too long.

pug_ham

They fit, both ends are the same as the 1.9 ones but are to long even with 309 wishbones fitted as they are longer than the 309 drivehshafts iirc.

Graham.

smckeown

I stumbled across a petert post last night from around 2004 where he said he ran these

Rik

I believe Chris (309_PUG) is running Mi16 driveshafts, hes running RJ wishbones, and wanted the longer driveshafts for extra Negative Camber...

Rik

phonecomz

thanks guys for the info :)

I think after much deliberation im going to stick with new 309 gti shafts.

Anyone know best place for them ?

Anthony

I've always bought new GKN ones from GSF and never had any problems :)

phonecomz

thanks Anthony, i will get them from their i think as i have not really heard any bad reports at all from them and have used them for years for other stuff? Will have to raid the piggy bank again.... :-)

Edited by phonecomz

Sign in to follow this