• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

How Do You Refit Door Trim ?

Turbo7379

My car is an e-reg 1.9 . I took off the door & rear wheelarch trims to repair the panels & now I can't work out how to refit them . I'm not sure how I removed them , kind of a sliding & pulling action . ;)

The rivets are on the door , I've got some metal clips that fit over them , some rectangular plastic clips that pass through the trim and go onto the metal clips/rivets & the red metal strip that covers everything . Can someone please explain how all these go together before I resort to self-tappers . :lol:

j_turnell

Slide the metal clips on the rivets from the bottom then if you look at the bottom of the plastic trim you will see a lip. This slides from the bottom upwards under the metal clips. You then put the plastic clips on making sure they are all the same way and then slide the insert from one end over the clips.

Paintguy

Your metal clips are still intact! ;)

I was just about to reply, but it's looks like I've been beaten to it. Hope it all goes well :lol:

kyunis

can you still get hold of some metal clips? Most of my clips were rusty when removed, so am thinking of alternative ways to stick back on?

Is it wise to use no nails glue???

sonofsam

No mate, no more nails is for internal use only, not external as its not completely waterproof.

kyunis

But if i used silicone (waterproof) would that do the trick? any recommended ones to use?

sonofsam

Yeah that'll be fine mate, used sikaflex before on my arches wich is good stuff! although this topic came

up a while back and PG suggested a double sided tape that would be upto the job also, same stuff I have used to hold my number plate on with I guess, its bloody strong tape and very wheatherproof.

Sign in to follow this