• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rapide

Xu Oil Pipe?

rapide

Can anyone help? I've done a search a found a diagram but it doesn't look the same somehow!

I've traced an oil leak to a hole in one of the pipes which runs from the bottom of the block to the oil cooler (sorry if that doesnt make sense). Its the closest one to the radiator and has rubbed on a clip causing the hole.

Looked on eurocar parts and they only describe one lower oil pipe and one breather. Plus they're not instock.

Can anyone tell me which oil pipe is it and any ideas where i can get a replacement?

Cheers :)

James

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Search_Results.asp

4573500G OIL PIPE XU ENGINE GENUINE

Pipe from Botton of Oil Filler

welshpug

first of all what car is it!!!

what year and what kind of cooler/heat exchanger does it have!?

rapide

Ah yes sorry!

1992. 205 GTi 1.9. Not sure on the other details, I'm mechanically retarded as you might have guessed! I'll take a piccy and add it later if that helps!

sorr

Does it look like this?

post-3422-1170800271_thumb.jpg

If so you can buy a replacement from a Peugeot dealer, from a hydraulics place or (shameless plug) I have what you see in the picture for sale. The ones in the picture have only done around 3K miles as I had the same issue as you. PM me if you are interested.

Normski

My 1992 1.9 GTi had a water-oil heat exchanger on it, which i believe is standard for that year. The picture above is the air-oil cooler fitted to earlier cars.

Just in case you go into a dealer to get new bits.

Sign in to follow this