• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DTORU

The Story So Far!

DTORU

Final Engine Spec:

Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD (Out of a 1996 Car)

Fully Rebuilt Using Genuine Parts

Balanced Crank and Flywheel

Uprated Injectors

Turbo Technics Prototype Custom Turbo (Max Boost 30+PSI)

Piper Custom Cam

Cossie 2WD FMIC

Mocal 16 Row Oil Cooler

Elctronic Boost Controller

NOS 75BHP KIT (DRY) (To Be Fitted Still)

Aqua Mist Water Injection (To Be Fitted Still)

Custom Pipework (In The Making)

K&N Filter

ARP Rod Bolts

Uprated Head Gasket

Group N Engine Mounts

Piccys:

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144-1.jpg

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by DTORU

TB_205GTI

why the *beep* don't you use an HDI engine?

with the HDI you can reach 200Bhp without the need of NOS to bring the smoke levels down.

DTORU
why the *beep* don't you use an HDI engine?

with the HDI you can reach 200Bhp without the need of NOS to bring the smoke levels down.

Did think about it but carnt do anything with the fueling myself, i do all my own work so the mechanical pump was easier and im going for 200bhp WITHOUT NOS! ive seen a 306 1.9TD @168bhp with 35BHP NOS so i just got a bigger turbo and better cam, etc to get it up to 200bhp, well thats if its works, lol. Dont think anybodys tried it so far. 150BHP is easy to get but in order to make it quicker than a MI16 powered 205 i need atleast 175-200 bhp, going for acceleration not top end looking @ 120-130 flat out.

welshpug

nice work, but isnt that a non turbo fuel pump? or just a lucas one as I though they has a boost compensator bolted to the top.

as for why not use a HDi its a hell of a lot of work on the management side, whereas this is purely mechanical, all it needs to run is a feed to the fuel pump stop solenoid!

welshpug

oh, and you dont need 200bhp to be quicker than an Mi16, its all about the torque!!!!!

it'll never beat one off the line unless you're very brutal with the clutch.

• Like 1

DTORU
oh, and you dont need 200bhp to be quicker than an Mi16, its all about the torque!!!!!

it'll never beat one off the line unless you're very brutal with the clutch.

Just wanted to be sure, thought a fast diesel 205 would be fun, lol. Dont mind thrashing it as dervs are very strong, last one went round to 8000rpm when i remove the limiter, stopped pulling at about 6500-7000 though. Got a Blackdiamond up rated Clutch Ordered for it but its backordered so might be a while.

Going to trackdy it at some point, going to FCS07 but all the track places have gone. Just need the brakes to stop it now, thinking wilwoods as i can keep the 1.6 hubs (just fitted new bearings and shafts).

hengti

just out of interest - how much torque are you expecting out of it (and from where in the rev range)

it's an interesting project :)

i've seen one or two of the VAG TDi cars used in the sprinting road classes locally - they're surprisingly quick in the the right hands

welshpug

i know of a 157bhp 205 and that has 200 lbft, gave someone in a 306 gti6 a surprise recently.

DTORU
i know of a 157bhp 205 and that has 200 lbft, gave someone in a 306 gti6 a surprise recently.

To be honest im not sure as dont know anyone who done it before, hoping for 200HP, 250-300ft-lb torque.

Then 75BHP NOS on top

Finished installing the motor today, some minor teething trouble but once sorted and the intercooler pipework is fitted and ran in im getting it dyno'ed and get the fueling checked.

got to mot it on the 15th feb!

Wanted something a little different and something to go play on the b roads with the motorbikes and my m8's 205mi. I have got a bike (Modded CBR600) but find the car more fun.

Thanks

DTORU

hengti

what are you going to do about traction? - it'll be a real handful

DTORU
what are you going to do about traction? - it'll be a real handful

Ah! had'nt though about that?? Ideas anyone? running 1.9 Speedlines with 195/45/15 Tyres.

hengti
Ah! had'nt though about that?? Ideas anyone? running 1.9 Speedlines with 195/45/15 Tyres.

maybe ask after Jamie Tonks' car - seem to remember that that was an extremely powerful turbo petrol engine; no idea what he might have done to get over the traction issues that it must have had though

ps. any chance of getting a video up when you've done?

Ahl

HOw many mpg do you think it'll do?

Sounds like it'll decrease by an order of magnitude! :)

welshpug

all depends on how far down his foot goes, if you can resist the urge it should be as economical as before, if not more.

DTORU

Well started it for the second time today after sundays less than perfect atempt, found out that diesels are more tricky to set up than petrols. the pump was out as i fitted a new one and the pump is on slots and can move forward and backward it was out, moved it and know it runs far better though still has fuel issues. I did change all the fuel lines inc all the metal ones so must be air in the somewhere, going to try bleeding it again on sunday.

Going in to Peugeot to get the pump set on tuesday at the cost of £15 bargin!

Sounds different very deep and very loud, running a straight through with 3" back box. Sounds like and artic towing a heavy load up a hill and a tractor in a field, lol.

Thanks

DTORU

Anthony
Just wanted to be sure, thought a fast diesel 205 would be fun, lol. Dont mind thrashing it as dervs are very strong, last one went round to 8000rpm when i remove the limiter, stopped pulling at about 6500-7000 though. Got a Blackdiamond up rated Clutch Ordered for it but its backordered so might be a while.

Surely you're never going to get a diesel to make any power at those kind of revs, purely due to the slow burn rate of diesel (especially with the comparitively low-pressure injection on the old mechanical pump), no matter how much cam you run or how big the turbo?

DTORU
Surely you're never going to get a diesel to make any power at those kind of revs, purely due to the slow burn rate of diesel (especially with the comparitively low-pressure injection on the old mechanical pump), no matter how much cam you run or how big the turbo?

Piper Do a Fast Road Cam For a 306/406 1.9TD which gives the engine usable power upto 6250,anything after that is just noise and you'll lose power but as my cm is a one off custom the recon it will give power upto 6500-7000rpm. Untill i try it ill never know.

The Derv Doctor did a 306 at 168BHP that produced power upto 6200rpm.

Thanks

DTORU

Anthony

Fair enough, I stand corrected!

welshpug

easy way to bleed the injector pipes, whack a 19mm spanner on the unions to the injectors and crank her over, once you see fuel nip them up (some will bleed quicker than others, nip each one as they bleed)

as for setting the pump timing all you need is a dial gauge and adapters, but if you havent got any then £15 is a bargain, though I guess all they'll do is use stock settings, which may not be ideal for a cranked up pump!

DTORU
easy way to bleed the injector pipes, whack a 19mm spanner on the unions to the injectors and crank her over, once you see fuel nip them up (some will bleed quicker than others, nip each one as they bleed)

as for setting the pump timing all you need is a dial gauge and adapters, but if you havent got any then £15 is a bargain, though I guess all they'll do is use stock settings, which may not be ideal for a cranked up pump!

Runs Rough, ive tried moving i when its running but carnt get it to run smooth. one thing i did notice is the gadget you squeeze to prime the lines goes rock hard but once the motors started goes soft again?? if you squeeze it while its running it runs better? any ideas? bloody bleeding is a nightmare.

Thanks

DTORU

madvalver
Runs Rough, ive tried moving i when its running but carnt get it to run smooth. one thing i did notice is the gadget you squeeze to prime the lines goes rock hard but once the motors started goes soft again?? if you squeeze it while its running it runs better? any ideas? bloody bleeding is a nightmare.

Thanks

DTORU

Blocked fuel filter, drawing air in(leaking/cracked fuel line before pump) lift pump. Fuel problem.

DTORU

Thanks for the advice, im going to give it a good look over on sunday as the mot is on tuesday.

Ill get a video posted if ican get it to run right, lol. You might all need ear plugs though.

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by DTORU

Guest purpletoddy
Wanted something a little different and something to go play on the b roads with the motorbikes and my m8's 205mi. I have got a bike (Modded CBR600) but find the car more fun.

Thanks

DTORU

I think no matter what engine you put in a 205 (unless its totally mental) you will never be able to play with a decent bike on the b roads.......I love my 205 (the ever on-going project) but bikes are a totally different ball game in my oppinion. I own an R6 race bike (got day time mot) still makes me smile everytime I get out on it......ive never has the same "buzz" in a car.!!!!

Very interesting project though, a mate of mine has just finished putting a 110bhp derv into his mk2 golf.....it has got better spec nozzles on the injectors and a modified ecu and the boost set at 1.5 bar ....it pulls like a train!!!!!! he runs 15inch wheels and yoko tyres ....handles really well in the dry but you cant get traction in the wet it spins the front wheels at every chance it gets......love to see what a derv would go like in a 205......good luck with the project mate

DTORU

HELP!!! ive slackened off the fuel pipes to the injectors and cracnked the engine over but im not getting much fuel through, ive been told it should spray out under quite a lot of pressure but mine just dribbles out? any ideas, Theres me thinking dervs are easier than petrols! Im thinking its a air lock somewhere but dont know where! theres fuel going to the filter and ive fitted a new filter and all new lines (tank to filter then filter to pump).

Any ideas anyone as the mot is on tueday and im clutching at straws now.

On the plus side got the intercooler pipework sorted and fitted and fitted some other new parts than needed doing so not all da ywas wasted on getting it going. Also fitted a new stop/start solanoid.

Thanks

DTORU

welshpug

have you bled the fuel filter?

do that first, then do the injectors one at a time.

Sign in to follow this