• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Be3tt

matt-k

Hello all, my names matt from lincoln and ive just bought a 1.9 mi16 engine to put in a 205 1.6 gti after running it as standard for a year. I will also be fitting twin 40 webbers as i have some sat in the garrage but i have yet to find an inlet manifold for those which does't cost a fortune! The mi16's gearbox has the number BE3TT stamped on it, is this the standard gearbox? as i dont know the engines history? also would i be better swapping this for 1.6 gear box (for better acceleration im told?) and is it also worth fitting a diesel clutch as i read there stronger? As you can imagine i would like to get everything sorted properly on the engine before fitting it so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

ps, a workmate told me a 1.9 gearbox wont fit straight onto my 1.6 drive shafts, is this true?

peter

The manifolds are expencive 120ish but they do come up on ebay etc.

As for the gearbox i would go with a 1.6 box for as you say better acceleration and the driveshafts will fit the 1.9 box aswel.

Ive not heard of using a diesel clutch a mi one is good for over the standard power anway.

Hope this helps

matt-k

Cheers for that, this is my first engine swap so still learning the basics! I'll go with the 1.6 box and keep an eye on ebay for the manifold. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this