• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Sensor Loom Question

Grim.Badger

I spent a couple of hours in the scrapyard on Saturday morning removing a sensor loom from the main engine loom of a CTi.

But I came across something I didn't expect, and I was too cold and bloody (cut myself and was dripping blood everywhere :) ) to remove all the dash and find out.

Anyway, to the point: On the 11 pin multiplug under the dash there is a yellow wire that instead of going out to the engine bay goes up into the back of the dash; what does it do and where does it go? It seems to share one of the pins with the thick red wire that runs to the coil.

Also could Peugeot have made the engine loom any more studiply complicated without having to actually sit down and think about it?

Edited by Grim.Badger

blackpug

Rev counter?

Alastairh

Yeah thats what i thought, 90% sure the rev counter wires are yellow. Im sure a search would find a certain answer.

Alastair

Anthony

It's for the tachymetric relay

Grim.Badger

Are you sure? SonofSam in This Thread says that the Tachometer is in the smaler plug :blink:

I really need to check the loom again as according to SonofSam there isn't a thick red wire in the larger multiplug under the dash :)

Anthony

Peugeot swapped the switched ignition live (which that wire you're talking about connects to the same pin) from the larger to the smaller of the two underdash connectors during the life of the 205, hence the confusion :)

Alastairh

Oooh yeah, thats the one i had problems/confusion with the h to k reg loom swap.

pug_ham

Wire # 32a, like Antony says goes to the tachymetric relay pin #1.

Graham.

huzzer

Sorry to crash the thread! When wiring Mi into ph1, how am i linking up to 32a? Which wire from the 405 loom do I join to it and where do I join, before the tachy relay? At the fusebox? does that mean I am now not using it? Cheers.

huzzer

Also, 76- (fuel pump) do I also join this up before it reaches the relay ie: straight from the fuse box?

112- (rpm meter) As its a ph1 the coil is on the inner wing and has two 112 linking to the top of the coil (1 going to tachy relay and 1 going up to instrument panel) Can I join this where it would be attached to coil so therefore keeping it linked to the relay?

Hope this isnt too confusing, it is for me! :)

huzzer

Have found that 32a is switched live to tachy relay. I assume I can leave it alone then as I'll be joining switched live up to the loom with wire 2 (from top of coil). Is this right?

Anthony
Have found that 32a is switched live to tachy relay. I assume I can leave it alone then as I'll be joining switched live up to the loom with wire 2 (from top of coil). Is this right?

Wire 32a isn't needed for Mi16 looms as you don't have the tachymetric relay

huzzer

Brilliant. Just what I wanted to hear.

Sorry, even more questions. 76 fuel pump. Where to join up?

74 K-light. What is it and how do I join?

pug_ham

I removed the fuse by the 405 fuel pump relay & joined the wire to the fuel pump from there on the 405 to the wire which ran to the tachymetric relay on mine.

On the MP3.1 I still used the 32a for a ignition swicthed feed to the injection supply relay connected to wire #32 on the 405 loom but on the ML4.1 & M1.3 you don't need it as this feed comes from the coil.

Have a search for the K-light, there have been a couple of topics about it previously. I still haven't wired mine in but mean to do so soon as it could be simple depending on the age of your car.

Graham.

huzzer

Thanks Graham.

Can the fuel pump be joined just out of the fuse box? Originally, number 76 from the fuse box goes to the black plastic box on the inner wing of the engine bay, but cant go any further as nothing is connected in there anymore. I was assuming I connected it at the fuse box as the 405 loom fuel pump wire ends at that distance?

Where is the 405 fuel pump relay? Is that over on the drivers side in engine bay?

pug_ham

Wire 76 from the 405 loom can be joined anywhere you want on the 205 loom, the ecu plug still comes through the bulkhead on the driverside doesn't it on an 1987 car?

If it does I'd try to find the wire that currently runs into the engine bay from the fusebox & pull that through inside the car then re-route it across to the drivers footwell & make the connection to the 405 loom there.

Graham.

petert
On the 11 pin multiplug under the dash there is a yellow wire that instead of going out to the engine bay goes up into the back of the dash; what does it do and where does it go?

What's the number? I recall a wire to nowhere being for the Choke light on several cars I've done. I've used it as the Motronic K light in cars that didn't have it.

Grim.Badger
What's the number? I recall a wire to nowhere being for the Choke light on several cars I've done. I've used it as the Motronic K light in cars that didn't have it.

It's wire 32a like people said. I couldn't find the number at first (hence asking the question) as I only have 3" of the wire but could just about make it out once I knew what I was looking for.

I was wrong in my first post, it's a 9 pin plug not an 11 pin plug.

Does anyone know why Peugeot decided to put it on the engine side of the 9 pin multiplug?

pug_ham
Does anyone know why Peugeot decided to put it on the engine side of the 9 pin multiplug?

Because its part of the engine wiring, the internal loom is similar (if not the same) on most petrol 205's up to that plug so its an easier plug in loom than a different loom entirely maybe.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this