• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest silver 1600

Ford Rs Turbo Rims

Guest silver 1600

Hi all i have been given a set of 15" 90spec dog leg alloys by mate of mine. Now i know that Peugeot alloys will fit Fords how about the other way round any one ever tried?

What i was thinking of doing was painting them black then putting them on my 1988 E Reg 1.6 GTI or do you think it will look odd? Any input would be greatfully accepted

Cheers Neil (Silver 1600)

pug_ham

They should fit but you will need spacers & longer bolts so you can use them.

Graham.

boldy205

although they will fit i dont think they will look good! each to thier own!

TEKNOPUG

I believe that Pug wheels will fit Ford but not the other way round.

GLPoomobile

If that is true then I suppose there is some poetic justice in that - i.e. you can put the good alloys on a s*it car but not s*it alloys on a good car :)

calvinhorse
If that is true then I suppose there is some poetic justice in that - i.e. you can put the good alloys on a s*it car but not s*it alloys on a good car :)

:blink::P so so true!

Ryan

My best mate put a couple of ford space-savers on an old XS shell so he could tow it to the scrapyard. The bolt holes lined up, but the centre hole is too small to fit over the pug hub so it's needed enlarging slightly.

TEKNOPUG

Yep - as Ryan says, it's down to the differences in the centre hole.

duncs

when i first got my pug it had ford fittment alloys on and it ran spacers and longer bolts, i sold them on e bay for a good thirty quid so really by the time you fork out for them to fit the wheels, you could sell the rims put the money you would of used to fit the alloys to your car and buy some speedlines which imo will look miles better than the dog legs your on about, but each to there own :)

sonofsam

Internal bore:Peugeot : 65.1

Ford : 63.3

I had ford wheels on my old pug with non hubcentric spacers and it didnt half wobble over 70.

But you can buy pukka adaptors for fitting ford wheels to a pug.

Didnt Jamietonks put up a picture of those wheels on a 205, did look a bit pump :)

Guest silver 1600

I did test fit them yesterday you are right the stud pattern is the same but the internal bore diameter is wrong.

Plus they looked really Crap on the car so not gonna bother with with that plan now :)

pug_ham

Forgot about the different hub bore size but the spacers needed should've helped overcome this anyway.

Didn't think they'd look nice though tbh.

Graham.

VisaGTi16v

Correct yes without spacers they wont fit over. You will need longer bolts and they must be ford ones as they use tapered ones, not flat washers like on PSA wheels. The rule in motorsport is at least 12 turns of the bolt in the hub so use that to work out the minimum length required.

Sign in to follow this