• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
van cleef

Skip Brown Head

van cleef

When i bought a 91 1.9 309 gti the lad i bought it from informed me that not to long ago the head went.

Not knowing what he exactly did to the old head he said that a Skip Brown head came up for sale and used that as a replacement.The guy did say the head had a Skip Brown stamp somewhere on the head.

Not being very mechanicly experienced but still learning how would you be able to tell where the stamp is located so i can contact one of their staff to find out exactly what has been modifyed.

I have plans to buy a Fast road cam either Piper or catcam so i kinda want to know if their is alredy an uprated one in already so i don't end up wasting my own time. ;)

Any info gratefuly recieved. :lol:

mos

mine has a code embossed in the back of the head

it starts sbc followed by a series of about 5-6 numbers, the first two indicate the year they did the work.

89 obviously 1989 that sort of thing

if you can find it, its near the cam pulley end of the head write it down and phone skip brown cars and they will after a little digging confirm its authentic and what the work done involved i.e did it have a cam or not.

van cleef

Thanks i will try and have a look today . ;)

Dazza

Mos is on the money ,also remove the dizzy and look at the end of the cam (if it has the SBC cam fitted) you should see SBC RS 3 OR SBC RS 4 stamped into it .

dazza.

van cleef
Mos is on the money ,also remove the dizzy and look at the end of the cam (if it has the SBC cam fitted) you should see SBC RS 3 OR SBC RS 4 stamped into it .

dazza.

Thanks guy's the info has been really helpful hopefuly over the next couple of days i'll be able to get to the bottom of this . :blink:

Sign in to follow this