• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

205 Gti Lpg Project

Guest BrainFluid

So I went and bought the bare bones for the lpg conversion the other day, got some pics to share so we will start with the lpg tank (or "the bomb" as my sister calls it :rolleyes: click to enlarge).

bombsmall.jpg

It holds 60 litres of liquid but only 48 litres of LPG (80% max rule). The tank weighs 25kg when empty. LPG weighs 0.51Kg so that'll be a total of 49.48Kg in the boot.

Here are the valves etc behind the box on the front.

valvessmall.jpg

I think this tank has a valve for liquid and gasseous gas.

Looks good in the boot!!!

incarsmall.jpg

Bye Bye boot space :unsure::D

This is the LPG vaporiser, it looks like a 'Holy Handgrenade' and is what feeds the engine gas.

grenadesmall.jpg

Its got an inlet for gas from a 6mm copper pipe feed. An outlet for gas and and a couple of joints for the coolant system to go through it to stop the vaporiser from freezing. It also has a idle screw and a balancing screw on it.

This is the operating switch...

controllsmall.jpg

...tells you how much fuel you have left and you tell it when you want to run on petrol or gas. You also set a dial on the back to what revs you want the car to be running at when it does the change over to gas.

The emulator its self. With this you have 4 leads and plugs that go inbetween the injectors and their plugs.

boxsmall.jpg closeupplugssmall.jpg

Last, I got an ignition timing advance unit which I think is compatible.

Timeingadvancesmall.jpg

If it is then I can tell it to run on one set of timing for petrol and one set for gas.

Still got it all to fit, I'm deciding where things need to go. Theres a good chance that I'll have to lose half the induction, including filter box and move the header tank left a foot so there is enough space for the vaporiser. We shall see...

Edited by BrainFluid

SaneMan

Looks good. I was considering getting it fitted to my Merc but the tank was much smaller, fitting in the spare tyre well. Was a few years back, if I remember correctly the cost was £1200 fitted.

What did the kit set you back, if you don't mind me asking ?

boldy205

intresting! let us know how is goes.

Sign in to follow this