• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
clifton

Wheel Offset

clifton

i have some o.z superleggeras and on the rim it says 'et37' so what spacers do i need for them to fit onto my 1.6?

and will i be able to use standard 1.6 wheel bolts or will i need bigger ones?

welshpug

1.9 wheels use a 19mm ET, so somewhere around the 20mm so best to go for hubcentric, and yes you will need longer bolts.

clifton
1.9 wheels use a 19mm ET, so somewhere around the 20mm so best to go for hubcentric, and yes you will need longer bolts.

ok cheers...sorry to be stupid but what does hubcentric mean? and do you know where i can get longer bolts from?

also i want to know what size tyres to fit...as i might get some from work tomorrow, on the rim it says 7Jx15 H2 et37( i want some quite low profile tyres, well just not a massive tall wall)

Edited by clifton

tom_m
ok cheers...sorry to be stupid but what does hubcentric mean? and do you know where i can get longer bolts from?

also i want to know what size tyres to fit...as i might get some from work tomorrow, on the rim it says 7Jx15 H2 et37( i want some quite low profile tyres, well just not a massive tall wall)

hubcentric means the spacers have the lip to mount the wheel on to make sure its centered properly. plain spacers like halfrauds sell allow the wheel to mount off center and cause vibrations/shear wheel bolts.

on a set of 15s i'd go for 195/50s to keep it as close to the standard rolling radius. you can get away with 195/45 but your speedo will be way out.

Edited by tom_m

clifton

ok i will get some 195/50's then! what will the full number be then if my tyres are 15inch tall by 7 inch?

and i may have to just get some cheap ones as i cant find any of the hubcentric ones anywhere?

also does anyone know where i can get longer wheel bolts from?

sorry about the sh!!ty questions

cheers ben

pug_ham

Ben, your car is a 1.6 GTi so you will need different spacers to what have been mentioned so far afaik.

The wheels for the 1.6 are et 25 so you will need approx 12mm spacers.

There is a place in Cleckheaton that should be able to help out with the spacers & longer wheels bolts, I did a couple of stud conversion group buys though them a couple of years ago.

http://www.lkperformancestyling.co.uk/

Graham.

clifton

hubcentric.jpg

are these hubcentric spacers?

welshpug

yes, you can see the shoulder that the wheel sits on, they will have a recess on the back to sit on the hub.

sonofsam

Yes they are, but look more like the kind that get bolted the hub, then the wheel gets bolted to the spacer, so no need for longer bolts. The corect ones should be supplied with the kit.

Sign in to follow this