• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jameswalton

Couple Of Minor Issues

Guest jameswalton

hey guys,

as i said on my welcome thread i've just got myself a 1990 1.9 Gti...I gave it the first proper wash at the weekend and noticed a couple of minor cosmetic issues I could use your help with!

Firstly, (i think this is pretty common) the trim where the passenger door meets the rear quarter has lost its clip, the damn thing disintegrated when I investigated! Are these easy to source and fit?

Second, I think the rear bumper has some play in it at the bottom...The colour coded part which houses the number plate and reversing light seems to have lost some of its clips and wobbles when you put pressure on it, is this easily remedied?

Finally, its really in need of a new clutch sometime soon, how much am I looking at to get this done properly and would anyone reccomend a decent garage close to Sheffield??

Sorry....loads of questions!!

Many thanks

James

Mikey S
hey guys,

as i said on my welcome thread i've just got myself a 1990 1.9 Gti...I gave it the first proper wash at the weekend and noticed a couple of minor cosmetic issues I could use your help with!

Firstly, (i think this is pretty common) the trim where the passenger door meets the rear quarter has lost its clip, the damn thing disintegrated when I investigated! Are these easy to source and fit?

Second, I think the rear bumper has some play in it at the bottom...The colour coded part which houses the number plate and reversing light seems to have lost some of its clips and wobbles when you put pressure on it, is this easily remedied?

Finally, its really in need of a new clutch sometime soon, how much am I looking at to get this done properly and would anyone reccomend a decent garage close to Sheffield??

Sorry....loads of questions!!

Many thanks

James

hello mate,

the metal clips are still available from pug i think although its been a while since i ordered some. if there not, i have some that you can have. same with the white clips that hold the valence to the bumper but i would just nut and bolt it together to be honest. done it to mine and its been fine ever since.

as for the clutch, the derv doctor isnt far from you, in derbyshire somewhere. you maybe able to find his details if you do a search. :blink:

Guest jameswalton

nice one...if we could sort something out for those clips that would be sound

as for the clutch...I'll give the DD a try. Took my 306 to him for a tune and they were excellent!

One other thing I forgot....is there any way I can tell if my car is a car or decat version?

Mikey S
nice one...if we could sort something out for those clips that would be sound

as for the clutch...I'll give the DD a try. Took my 306 to him for a tune and they were excellent!

One other thing I forgot....is there any way I can tell if my car is a car or decat version?

what year is it? have a look in the downpipe for a lambda sensor, if you have one then its a cat. they make less power but they are ripe for a spot of homebrewed turbo action due to a low compression ratio :blink:

try pug for the clips first as there literally pennys.

richard

a 1990 will almost certainly be a non-cat version....

Guest jameswalton

Its an August 1990 car....100% totally standard

Not sure whether it would be a good or a bad thing to have a cat?

Mikey S

sorry, didnt read your first post properly :blink:

def be a non cat model then, full fat 130 bhp version! :blink:

welshpug
full fat 130 bhp version! :blink:

stop deluding yourselves :blink: 128bhp :blink::P

Miles

Come on most 1.9's are 120bhp so I always say the CAT ones are better to drive and don;t stall

Welcome to the Forum

jshep205gti

Welsome to 205 ownership!!

Have at go at changing the clutch yourself dude. A garage will be after £200 at least surely?!?! And I swear it's not THAT hard.

Even for me.

Shep

Sign in to follow this