• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huzzer

Ph1 Loom Different To Ph2 Loom?

huzzer

I am currently fitting an Mi into a phase1 1.6 and am having trouble wiring it in.

All the info available on here (diagrams etc.) seem to refer to phase2's. I have a loom that has already been fitted into a 205 (motronic, plug and play) But none of the connectors seem to correspond to anything in my car!

Do I need to make up a new link loom, and if so does anybody have any diagrams for this? I would still like to have all the gauges working.

Cheers.

jackherer

Earlier models have the dash wiring on the passenger side inner wing, seperated from the main engine loom. You should be able to hook it up to the Mi16 just like an 8v, and then ignore the wiring that came with the Mi16.

welshpug

phase 1 differed from the 1.5, then the coils were relocated to the intake manifold early phase 2, then different management were introduced but I dont think there was much in the way of changes bar the O2 sensor wiring from then on.

huzzer

Thanks guys.

Jackherer, are you saying that after the reverse switch on the 405 loom I dont need to connect up anything inside the bulkhead? Which sensors will i be connecting to with the 8v?

I've got two black connectors coming through the bulkhead on the passenger side (1x 9pin and 1x 6 pin that only has 4 wires in it) Can i just not connect these to anything?

pug_ham
I've got two black connectors coming through the bulkhead on the passenger side (1x 9pin and 1x 6 pin that only has 4 wires in it) Can i just not connect these to anything?
Are these from the 405 donor? If they are then you don't need the majority of the wires in them.

Use the sensor & reversing light wires from your original 205 loom & find the wires needed in the 405 loom to splice to the wire in your 205. In total there are four or five wires needed. (2, 32a, 76, 112 & 74 for the K light but that needs a bit more work to wire in on an older 205 such as yours).

Graham.

Sign in to follow this