• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
V8Pete

309 To 205 Rear Brake Question

V8Pete

I've got my shiny 309 GTI disc rear beam, and I want to know if I can use the 205 GTI disc flexi brake line. I'm trying to avoid fitting the beam, then finding it won't reach.

The part numbers on Stuart McGuire are different. Also, are both sides the same? They also have different part numbers. What's the difference?

Cheers

pug_ham

You can use all the brake piping from a 205 GTi disc beam on the 309 GTi disc beam. Its a straight fit, the radius arms etc are the same.

The flexi's by the calipers & from the body to the beam on the 205 have the same poart numbers here but ater a search I can't find the same page for the 309 GTi.

Graham.

V8Pete

Thanks.

Jrod

Slightly related, will front flexis fit rear or do they have differnt ends? (don't worry if they are too short just want to know about the fittings)

pug_ham
Slightly related, will front flexis fit rear or do they have differnt ends? (don't worry if they are too short just want to know about the fittings)

Where do you want to fit them?

The front flexis are too long & have different fittings for around the beam or just too long for the radius arm to caliper.

Graham.

Jrod

I wanted to use fronts on the rear as I have 2 sets of front lines.

Sign in to follow this