• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Whine In 5th

brianthemagical

theres bee a whine in 5th for a while know and it's getting worse. any ideas on my best option for fixing it?

is it possible to change the bearing with the 'box in situe (removing the end cover thingy), getting another 1.9 be3, or getting something like a be4?

thanks in advance.

boldy205

i have heard sometimes opening a box can be a bit of a tin of worms , as when your in there it can look like other bits are worn so its worth replacing them while your there, im no mechanic but i would just try sticking a differant/known to be good box on. by the way, whats a BE4 box?

Edited by boldy205

brianthemagical

thanks for that, replacing the box will be part of my rebuild. when the end cover is removed (i have done it before) there is a pair of meshing cogs that look the same size (maybe 5th) and i seem to belive that it has been mentioned somewhere that they are easy to access. i think the whine is the bearing on the syncroed gear (because i'm clever, like) and i just wanted to replace it untill the rebuild.

by the way, whats a BE4 box?

it's like a be3, or be1, or be5. it's a newer version of the be box, my logic dictates that it will be better and be easyer to find a lower milage one. i was wondering if it would fit, it looks similer but better to make sure. thanks.

madvalver

Ask Miles, Pug Racing he rebuilt mine for a very reasonable price.

Sign in to follow this