• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

306 Xsi Rear Compensators Same As 1.9 205's?

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

juts got some from scrappy rusted on top, so bang off rust and painted them!!!

just wondering if these are ok to be used on the rear of 205?

thanks

dan

Anthony

The ones on ABS models certainly aren't (and I thought all/most XSi's had ABS) but the non-ABS ones are certainly similar if my ZX Volcane was anything to go by.

I suspect that the pressures might differ between them and hence I'd recommend fitting them as a matched pair, but in terms of fit they should be fine

yorkshirekowboy
The ones on ABS models certainly aren't (and I thought all/most XSi's had ABS) but the non-ABS ones are certainly similar if my ZX Volcane was anything to go by.

I suspect that the pressures might differ between them and hence I'd recommend fitting them as a matched pair, but in terms of fit they should be fine

they are a phase one xsi, m reg i think, i got a pair!!!

any way of finding out for certain?

i got calipers from a td zx volcane so i hope they are ok to use

how much are they new???

thanks

dan

pug_ham

I've just searched through Brakepart for the 205 & 306/ZX & they are definately different between the 205 & 306/ZX.

The 306 & ZX do share the same compensator's (HRV1199 @ £52.36 ea, 205 uses HRV1135 @ £30.34 ea + vat).

The ZX & 306 XSi front brakes are the same as the 205 1.9 GTi.

Graham.

Anthony
The ZX & 306 XSi front brakes are the same as the 205 1.9 GTi.

Rear brakes you mean, surely?

yorkshirekowboy

so the pair of rear compensators i got from 306 xsi are no good for my 1.9 rears?? :unsure:

they are shaped like a sausage, with a bigger union on one side, smaller one on the other??

that make any difference, as think about it the bigger union would surly come from the m/c the the small heading to the rear calipers??

could be wrong thou :rolleyes:

thanks

ablister

i thought 306 xsi's just had load apportioning valves for the rear system? My 306 xsi does anyway

yorkshirekowboy

yeah they do if you have abs, but the xsi did come with abs, but surly this bypass's before going to the rear compensators, making them just do the same job as any others?

these when i got them were located under the boot where the spare wheel is, didnt se anything else under there, they just lead straight to caliper!!!! but if they use the same calipers, why would the compensators be diff?? is it to do with weight and m/c?? i mean if you get them in a pair, surly they should be fine!!! :rolleyes:

thanks

pug_ham
Rear brakes you mean, surely?
Both actually, the 8 valve ZX use's the same discs as the 1.9 GTi & the one I was helping strip last weekend also had the same front girling calipers. The 306 XSi has got 266mm front discs though but the rear calipers are the same.

http://www.webparts.co.uk/Brakeworld/Buygu...HTML/RS3068.HTM

ZX TD Volcanes are usually drum rear brakes though which is why I mentioned front.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this