• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

What's With My Box?

Kennyb

Ok i've been stripping the gearbox out this wkend to change the clutch. all went well then came to fit the clutch and its to small. :angry:

So anyway went back to pug garage and they had the chassis number and was confused to why it was the wrong one. :huh:

My gearbox has a lift up reverse (across from 1st) and is a g reg, now i've ordered the next clutch on from the one they got, its from 07/89 onwards.

Did peugeot have like a crossover period where there was a modified be1 box (with bigger clutch) before they moved to the be3??? :wacko:

Alastairh

The change over period is roughly 89.

So if you have a Be1 box with reverse beside 1st, you'll need a be1 clutch, not the later.

All this info is available through the search button.

Alastair

steve@cornwall

So if you have a Be1 box with reverse beside 1st, you'll need a be1 clutch, not the later.

Alastair

Think it's only the thrust bearing that differs anyway?

Kennyb

Alastair

So whats with this clutch kit they gave me thats an inch in diameter too small, and has the wrong release bearing :huh:

if its a be1 box clutch and there was nothing like an intermediate change over period????? whats going on???

Have they ordered me a 1.1 clutch instead??? :wacko:

Anyone else had this problem from peugeot :angry:

Ryan

Sounds like they gave you a non-GTI clutch kit. The GTI clutch should be 200mm diameter, the lower-spec models have 180mm clutches.

Richie-Van-GTi

unless your car has been fitted with an MI flywheel and uses a 215mm clutch

Kennyb
unless your car has been fitted with an MI flywheel and uses a 215mm clutch

Just measured the old clutch plate and 'oh my god' they did give me a standard clutch. the old one is 200mm dia so it means that the peugeot dealership gave me a 180mm standard one and they ARE actually retarded, def not a mi flywheel den.

I just hope that tmrw they havn't got me a be3 clutch kit because im gonna ram it down they're throats.

Would the clutch plate from the be3 kit fit the housing and release bearing on my be1????

Cheers guys

M_R_205
so it means that the peugeot dealership gave me a 180mm standard one and they ARE actually retarded, Cheers guys

i found this out after they orderd me the wrong sized wheel bearing and wouldnt accept it back, i think the guy was in-bred or something

Sign in to follow this