• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Help Needed, Issues With Car

Spiky

2 things

1st, when cold and i start (starting is a pain sometimes) it will tickover about 800-900, then when up to normal temp, the revs rise, to around 2k and for some reason stay there>>

2nd i have put 4 different AFM's on and the car still holding back when you floor it, even in 2nd gear it takes aaages to get to high revs????

things changed, afm's dizzy,leads, plugs,tach relay,tps

anyone have anyone things add????

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like it needs a proper setup and possibly a SAD or ECU temp sensor is at fault as idle should come down when warm.

Spiky

ok,

well i'll order a new ecu temp sensor tomorrow

Spiky
sounds like it needs a proper setup and possibly a SAD or ECU temp sensor is at fault as idle should come down when warm.

is that sensor CP025(Water temp (above cold start valve)) ?????

as stated on autofive website

Grim.Badger

If it idles like that I'd say your SAD really needs some attention B)

Before I disturbed my SAD it would pull up to 2k at startup and then drop to 1.2k ish, which is a bit high but me and the idle control valve don't get on :D

I'd say replace the sensor (not expensive) and clean out your SAD and check it's plugged in alright, and maybe change it's wire.

Spiky

yeah thats the plan, about to order trhe sensor, is that the right sensor though??? as it dont say ECU Temp , just temp sensor.

just making sure thats all

futura

I would second Grim.Badger on the SAD affecting your idle.

I had the same issues until I gave my SAD a good clean and adjusted the small nut to open the window more widely.

I then needed to re-adjust my idle and since then it idles at about 1100rpm when cold and 900rpm when warm

Spiky
I would second Grim.Badger on the SAD affecting your idle.

I had the same issues until I gave my SAD a good clean and adjusted the small nut to open the window more widely.

I then needed to re-adjust my idle and since then it idles at about 1100rpm when cold and 900rpm when warm

have you got a pic, showing where i alter my idle???

can you also confirm thats the correct sensor to order?

Spiky

sweet, jsut rang them correct part, i've ordered new temp sensor,

will remove the sad and clean this week B)

Spiky

as mine is the early type i guess

this the screw?

d657_1.jpg

pug_ham
me and the idle control valve don't get on :wacko:

An 8v 205 GTi doesn't have an idle control valve!!

Thats the idle speed screw you've circled in your picture & arrowed in the attached one.

It would be worthwhile giving the whole of the intake & breather system a thorough clean out with some carb cleaner to remove any gunk thats built up over the years.

Graham.

post-71-1170089525.jpg

Spiky
An 8v 205 GTi doesn't have an idle control valve!!

Thats the idle speed screw you've circled in your picture & arrowed in the attached one.

It would be worthwhile giving the whole of the intake & breather system a thorough clean out with some carb cleaner to remove any gunk thats built up over the years.

Graham.

cheers for that,

i've had new pipes for the breather, so i'll clean the others. the breather's been cleaned too

tonight i'll clean the SAD and fit the new sensor this week when it arrives :wacko:

Rob_the_Sparky

Regarding the engine feeling like it is holding back; that sounds like a retarded ignition timing. If I'm right then you will also have a weak idle, although I agree with the others about the SAD probably being at fault (or the electrics that drive the SAD).

Rob

Sign in to follow this