• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Constella Quickshift Gear Stick

Gibbo GTI

Saw a Constella quickshift gearstick replacement on flea bay. Does anyone have one of these fitted? If so did it make a big difference?

EDIT: ebay links should only be posted in off topics

Edited by jackherer

Guest harry snotter

yeah, I've fitted one off these, also used their gear linkage aswell, and amazing diffrence, really nice piece of kit well worth the money :P , only problem I had was the time it took to post had to chace them up twice :)

Edited by jackherer

sonofsam

Im glad some one has one of those fitted, this question came up a while back, but at that time no one had.

Postage was the same Harry on the big brake brackets I bought from them, but they are really good people

and gave me a free bottle of brake fluid in return...

You get a discount from them to, for being on this Forum :) So would be cheaper to buy direct from them, rather via ebay.

Quite fancy one myself :P

Miles

Looks good and is made in one piece and for the money you can't go wrong, Keep's a OE feel too

welshpug

is it the same length in the cockpit and does the original gearknob still fit?

I wouldn't be able to use a shorter one! too tall for that and I'm only 6 foot!

vern

I have fitted one, along with Miles's excellant alloy rods, but not yet driven in anger (only sitting in seat and making brrum noises). I think it does sit a bit higher, about an inch or so, dont know if original gearknob will fit as it is threaded at the top, but you might be able to make it fit.

sonofsam

Quality does indeed look spot on.

The gear stick is a direct replacement for the standard item and is machined from HE30 solid billet aluminium. Comes complete with dark grey anodised gear knob.

I dont see any thread on the rod, say maybe the OE knob wouldn't go on? without a little modification? A nice nylon jobbie would look sweet anyway imo!

Guest harry snotter
Quality does indeed look spot on.

I dont see any thread on the rod, say maybe the OE knob wouldn't go on? without a little modification? A nice nylon jobbie would look sweet anyway imo!

the knob that comes with it is really nice , better than the original , I purchased a similar style quick shift gear lever a few years back for an old ford I had, cost £125, so this item is really good value as well, well recommeded :unsure:

Gibbo GTI

Thanks for the feedback, will look into buying from them direct for the discount, every little helps lol. Will let you know how I get on.

pug_ham

The price of these has gone up from £49 to £59 since the new year.

Graham.

Swazy

I´m interested in one of these too. But i´mn unsure this item will fit a left driven pug 205.

Maybe the shift is not the same by right side driven pugs to left side driven ones.

:wacko:

cybernck

it *should* be, but it's best to ask them.

Sign in to follow this