• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
funkymofo

Sd Roll Cage Question

funkymofo

I bought a 2nd hand SD cage but it didnt come with any bolts to hold it together. Does anyone know what size bolts they use? I bought some M12 bolts but they are fractionally too large to fit,and rather than guesstimate or drill the holes out slightly I thought I'd check if anyone knew for sure. Cheers.

309PUG
I bought a 2nd hand SD cage but it didnt come with any bolts to hold it together. Does anyone know what size bolts they use? I bought some M12 bolts but they are fractionally too large to fit,and rather than guesstimate or drill the holes out slightly I thought I'd check if anyone knew for sure. Cheers.

Hi,

If they don't fit then they must be M10, you can use M12 as long as the bolts have 8.8 stamped on the top. This is something scrutineers look for sometimes especially if you want to get it log booked.

Chris

funkymofo

cheers :lol:

only reason I asked is because it was literally a tiny bit too small to fit m12's through, and I thought m10's would rattle aorund slightly. In the end I drilled the holes out slightly and used m12's which also do have 8.8 stamped on them which is a bonus I guess.

jonnie205

All SD cages run m10 bolts. You will find the m12 bolts are too tight and you will may find it hard to assemble the cage once you have all the plates welded in the floor and you try fitting it. I would revert back to m10 if i were you, these are plenty edequate and are the requriment of the MSA

Sign in to follow this