• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hagason

Help Stop Light Come On At Tick Over

Guest hagason

Hi all

Being new to Pugs (always ford before) I dont know a lot about them.

Today my stop light came on as did the oil pressure light and the water temp light.

I had good pressure and no steam cant tell if it is hot the gauge stop working te other week.

Is this a comon fault or is it going to go bang?

It is fine at 2000 revs sitting in traffic so i cant see how it temp and the pressure rises nice :D

I thought alternater so switch all lights off heater etc no different.

Please help im at a loss

cheers Paul

ORB

is there any oil in it?

Richie-Van-GTi
is there any oil in it?

has to be the first check I would of thought? , when you check it out it may be worth bringing the idle down as well, idling at 2k is a tad high and wont help. :D

Grim.Badger

If the guage was reading good pressure then it's possibly the pressure switch or its wiring that's at fault. The guage and stop light are fed by two different sensors which are located above the oil filter, usually it's the oil pressure sensor that's broken though.

Check you're oil level just in case the guage is lying;

Replace the oil pressure switch (smaller sensor)

Check wiring on the pressure switch and the pressure sensor (larger mushroom like sensor), its best to replace the wires are they are prone to corrosion, do a search on the brown multiplug for this.

If none of this solves it imo you've probably got a clogged oil pump.

Rob_the_Sparky

Just for your info the pug dash is a little odd...

If the water temp light is on then it also brings on the STOP light BUT

If the oil pressure light is on it also brings on the STOP light AND the water temp light.

No idea why oil and water temp lights are linked like this but it is the reason you have both on.

Rob

jackherer
No idea why oil and water temp lights are linked like this but it is the reason you have both on.

saving money on diodes is the only possible explanation I can think of :rolleyes:

Bonzai

James says its the sensor grounding out on something. I only know this as his car is doing it all the time and its pi$$ing me off!

Image027.jpg

Sign in to follow this