• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Annoying Rattling From Rear Of The Car

oli-pug

when im driving along, i can hear a quietish constant rattle/knocking coming from the ns rear wheel area, any ideas what it could be? my rear beam isnt squeaking and i cant see any bad wheel alignment so i think its in fairly decent condition...

at first i thought it came from the inside and was just my car being French, but its definetely coming from the outside.

Dixon

Have you got disks on the back?

If so check that your calipers are done up nice and tight, as I didn't do one quite tight enough when putting mine on and had a constant rattle from it. Quite loud going over some bumps!

A possible check is drive along a flat quite road and pull your handbrake on and off gently a few times as see if you can hear it then.

oli-pug

nope, ive still got drums on the back ... will be getting hold of a refurbed 1.9 beam soon so hopefully that cures it.

Jrod

Exhaust head shield?

max0

wheel bearing?

Binding break?

loose back box?

Does the noise sound metal? is it constant?

oli-pug

it sounds like a hard plastic rattle really, it could be a wheel bearing or something to do with my rear brakes needing a service.

the baffle bit in the tailpipe (magnex) has come loose, so ive got a tinny rattle from that on idle but it sounds different to that.

Dream Weaver

Make sure the spare wheel is tied up nice and tight.

oli-pug

well, i think ive sorted it today. i fiddled about with the interior plastics and greased up the boot struts and it seems to hav stopped.

Sign in to follow this