• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Inlet Length For Bike Carbs

M_R_205

well I was about to buy a filter and some ram air pipes today when I remembered a post on here about how the tract length affects torque, so I was thinking of dropping the radiator a few inches and fitting some 100mm trumpets that went from 45 to 60 mm and then the big soc type filter, can any one tell me if I would actually gain from all this effort as it looks like I will have to get some made up I cant find any anywhere! and if anyone can give me a specific length to go for????????

btw check out the shine on my cam cover, can you tell how busy we have been at work :(

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con.../DSCN243000.jpg

smckeown

from what i've researched and read on here, you won't actually know the right length until you're on the RR. You can get a good starting point (posted on here) but that's about it.

So yes it's a pain if you don't know the length in advance. That's why i've now gone down the route of building spacers, so you can keep existing trumpets, and quickly alter length on the RR. You can follow my project progress on here.

Sean

Edited by smckeown

Sign in to follow this