• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
clifton

Over Heating

clifton

my cars keeps overheating every time it gets hot and smoke/steam comes out, and the fan seems to cut in quite late, but also might sound very stupid but should the fan be infront or behind the radiator, and only one fan comes on and it seems to be blowing away from the car but i cant really tell!

can someone please help me resolve these problems!

ben

pug_ham

As standard there is only one fan fitted to the GTi & it should blow through the radiator when its on(fitted infront of the radiatior).

Have you recently drained the cooling system & if so did you bleed the system when you refilled it?

Graham.

mickie

when did the car last a water pump fitted ?

clifton

no i havnt drained the fluid so i havnt bled it either, and i dont no when the water pump was last changed as i have only had the car about 3 months or so! i will into prices of getting the work done!

ben

Guest justinhincks87

are your heaters blowing cold?? if so you have got an air lock somewhere in the system

clifton
are your heaters blowing cold?? if so you have got an air lock somewhere in the system

i dont even think my heaters work! or maybe i just dont know how to turn them on :ph34r: so i cant tell if there blowing cold!

Sign in to follow this