• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

1.9 8v With 1.6 Pistons ...

DamirGTI

Hi !

Anyone runing (D6B) 1.9 8v engine with 1.6 flat top pistons ? :) i wish too do this on my engine so any advice woud be helpful . :blush:

thanks!

i attempted this, you will be running too much compression with standard parts, you will need to either machine a lot of material from the combustion chamber or run a very thick headgasket

not really worth the hassle

in my engine we had to take so much out of the chamber it affected the spark plug/valve reliability, in the end i lasted less than 2000 miles and pinked itself to death !

smckeown

Yes my current (in the progres sof being dismantled) engine went this rote buit by pumaracing. It's very difficult if not impossible to get NEW 1.6 cast pistons (as it was such a popular upgrade). Mine were new into the engine and i'll be selling them very soon. Someone will get a post xmas present :)

What information are you after ?

DamirGTI

im intrested in :

1) what can i get with this upgrade ?

2) is there something else i have to modified ?

3) how far goes 1.6 piston up in cylinder liner ( is there sufficient valve too piston clearance )

4) of how much CR we talking here ? and will the standard gasket live this high compression ...

and theoreticli will that engine last for some time or ?

sorry but i wish too know as much as i can before started to work :)

thanks !

taffycrook

This is a popular rally mod.

I have heard of pinking problems that limit the power due to ign timing being retarded.

Others seem to get away with it, if you have a wild cam you should be ok but it is far better with mappable ign.

Std gasket is ok.

If it is set up correctly it should last, exact CR varies but it will be aound 11:1

DamirGTI

ok thanks ! :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this